• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f3-12800cl9q-16gbzl BSODs with 4 sticks installed

Model of the motherboard: Asus Rampage 4 Extreme
    Model of the memory: f3-12800cl9q-16gbzl
    Model of the CPU: Intel 3930K

Hi there,

I am having an issue with this RAM. I am running the RAM with gskill recommended XMP on, Rampage Tweak Mode 1, 1.25V VCCSA, 1.5V vdimm.

When I run 1 stick, 2 sticks or 3 sticks the system is stable and does not BSOD. When I run with 4 sticks installed the system will BSOD sometimes in an hour, sometimes longer, faster if I run a game or stress test program. I have tried using 1 stick at a time and it does not matter what sticks I use, all work okay with 1-3 sticks installed, but once I install all 4 sticks, the BSOD will happen.

I have tested memory with memtest86+ and it all passes.

Please advise Gskill, ram is passing memtest86+ 4 passes but can only run with 1,2 or 3 sticks installed. All 4 sticks installed = BSODs after 30 minutes to 2 hours of system being on.

Do you have the latest BIOS, 1101? If not, you'll want it, can be found here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...reme/#download

If you do have it, then go into BIOS and reset to defaults, then enable XMP and select profile #1. This should be all you need to do. you shouldn't have to adjust the VCCSA for only 16GB, 1.25 sounds too high, that's more like for 32GB, maybe 1.23 and VTT at 1.2
    Last edited by Tradesman; 03-09-2012, 09:10 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X