Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL w/ Asus P8Z68-V LX

Hello,

I recently purchased four sticks of 8GB (4GB x 2) DDR3-1866 RAM F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL and put them on my ASUS P8Z68-V LX. The PC powered up fine, but according to Speccy, they are running at at 824Mhz. I realize that they would not be doing 1866 without some bios tweaking, but for some reason I thought they would start out at 1300Mhz. (shrug) Anyway, could some kind soul point me to a sticky or white paper on how to configure the mem? I checked the stickies in DDR3 but didn't see the P8Z68-V LX mentioned.

Thank you,

SD
    -------------------------------------------------
    Addendum:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. 0703, 10/21/2011
    OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Last edited by SwampDawg; 03-07-2012, 11:34 AM.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS, set DRAM freq to 1866, set timings to 9-10-9-28, DRAM voltage 1.5, if any problems raise the VCCIO to 1.15 and DRAM voltage to 1.55, since you are using two sets XMP won't work and have to do this manually

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it. I am going to try your suggestions this weekend. It is my first time doing this so I want to make sure I understand what I am doing so I don't screw it up. 0703 is the latest version of the bios that was on the ASUS website so I am assuming that is the most current.

SD
      Last edited by SwampDawg; 03-08-2012, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Believe so, think it was last Nov or so. Any problems, give us a shout, I'll be in and out over the weekend, have a build and am going to start building a desk
        Last edited by Tradesman; 03-08-2012, 05:28 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hello,

I finally got up the nerve to make the changes you suggested but noticed something interesting when I went into the bios. It indicates that it recognizes the memory as -Total Memory: 16384 MB (DDR3 1648 Mhz). I found this odd because CPU-Z says that the dram frequency is 824.5. I would defer to the bios on this but wondered if you have ever seen this before. If the bios has already set it at 1648 mhz, is it worth it to go in and try to get the 1866? Also, CPU-Z says that the timings are 9-10-9-28, CR=2T, FSBRAM=1:6.

Thank you,

SD
          Last edited by SwampDawg; 03-22-2012, 09:46 AM.

Comment

It's DDR (Double Data Rate) so the true freq of 824.5 x 2 = 1649, CPU-Z can have problems rounding percentages. And yes I'd try for 1866, start with enabling XMP and selecting profile 1

Tman

Comment

Set CPU Host Frequency to default, then you should be able to set DRAM Frequency nearer to DDR3-1866. Otherwise, you can set it to the next value up, it should be ~DDR3-1920 based on your current settings. Should be no problem for this memory. If slightly unstable, raise DRAM Voltage a tad and it will be just fine.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X