G.Skill Sniper 1866 running at 1600 Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill Sniper 1866 running at 1600 Max

Set the timings to 9-10-9-28 (Rest on Auto), Volt 1.5.
    Yet, I still can't set my ram to run at 1866,always 1600 MAX, even tried switching CPU-NB Freq to 2800MHz and Volt to 1.25v(0.1v increase from 1.15v), still same the problem.

DIMM: F3-14900CL9-8GBSR , G.SKILL Sniper 8GB(2 x 4GB)

MB: Crosshair V Formula (Asus) - Version 0813

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T (3.2)

Didn't OC anything yet, and this Rig is my first build, so shoot me with any idea that comes to mind, as I might have missed it ;p

Might want to try the current BIOS, 1102.

Comment

You will have to overclock the RAM to 1866 in your DRAM settings. The default for all AMD chips is 1333, so 1866 is an overclock from your board's point of view.
      CPU-NB Freq won't change the RAM freq, it is a function of the FSB or base clock or CPU base freq, all the same depending on what your board's UEFI calls it.
      Raising the FSB will overclock your CPU too. If you don't want that lower its multiplier.
      Last edited by Britton30; 03-08-2012, 12:02 AM.
      I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

Comment

@Ramjam
        From what I read, I shouldn't update BIOS unless its super necessary, what do you think ?

@Britton30
        Only thing similar I found was "CPU Bus/PEG Frequency", set it to 233 and which seemed to do the trick
        Set my memory Freq to 1864, and modified my CPU ratio to 13.5 which resulted in "Down Clock" (3.2 to 3.15~) Would that void my warranty ?

1 more thing, NB Freq and HT link Freq both went down from 2000 to around 1864~ (Related to the RAM OC, or the CPU Down Clock?) , Should I be concerned about that ?

Thanks alot for the help, both of you.

Comment

Most AMD CPU's are rated for 1333 DRAM including the new FX series, so mobo makers are constantly updating their BIOS do help the mobos handle higher speed DRAM as A) that's what people want and B) the AMD CPUs have a weak MC (Memory Controller).

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

got the same board and chip .. def update the bios .. and you will have to oc to get results ..
            try 233x15-17 .. you may need to increase the cpu v to 1.4v and cpu/nb to 1.3
            pop over to the asus forums (well when they fix it ..lol ) theres pleanty of help there ..
            http://rog.asus.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
            X