Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-Skill F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH & Rampage Extreme IV Formula Board

Hi

I've just purchased the Rampage board and memory. Can anyone just clarify the settings to use in BIOS please? And that the memory is really compatible?

It's is on the revised QVL list and I have installed it as suggested in the manual, i.e. DIMM_A1, B1, D1 & C1. It's all part of a kit 16GB (4x4GB) not mixed RAM and the timings are 9-11-10-28-2N. The BIOS is set as X.M.P. mode, Profile #2 which takes it from the base 1600Mhz to OC speed of 2400Mhz.

I'm just having problems with the system booting but I've also got two SSD drives configured in RAID 0 which I feel is maybe the real issue. However, I want to rule out anything else that might be causing issues. Although I have 15 years experience building computers, overclocking is new to me.

My other components are:
    Phanteks PH-TC14PE Processor Cooler
    Intel i7 3930K 3.2Ghz Processor
    2 x Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD Drives (RAID 0)
    1 x Samsung 1TB 32MB cache Internal Drive
    1 x WD Raptor 300GB Internal Drive
    LG DVD/RW
    Samsung DVD/RW
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Any help or advice much appreciated.

With the DRAm all you really need to do is have the latest BIOS, enable XMP, select profile 1, which is the XMP 1.3 profile and should be good to go

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X