RipjawsX ddr3 1600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RipjawsX ddr3 1600

Hi there, I am curious as to if the G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 9-9-9-24 is 2N or 1N in the bios, when i purchased the Ripjaws X from newegg it said 9-9-9-24 and no N value was present for the timings. However the Ripjaws non X version has 9-9-9-24-2N, the reason I ask is that I am having issues with random brown outs (power outtages) and I replaced my 650w corsair PSU with a 750w pc power and cooling, so I have been using solid psu's. I am running memtest86 to test for bad dimms. Thanks for the help, and if anyone has any ideas on what could be causing me to have random reboots. My temperatures are near perfect so there is no issue of overheating.

Most mobos set to 2N (or 2T) by default and most DRAM is set for 2T (or 2N the designators are interchangeable, used to be Intel used T and AMD used N). Most GSkill sticks can run at 1 (slight performance gain) but in part depends on the mobo/CPU combo and voltages, if you have trouble running at with the CR @ 1N can normally stanilize with a bit of DRAM or MC voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

So the g.skill ripjaws X is 2N? or 1N?

Comment

Believe spec for the X's across the board is 2N, you can check the set you have at the GSkill site

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Appreciate the help, and my motherboard is an Asrock extrem3 gen3, and memtest 86 just froze up on me on pass 3, so I am using a slightly older version, ill see if it does it again. If it does it again would these be memory related or just the program buging out? Also do you have any ideas why I would have random brown outs?

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? What set of DRAM do you have? Are you running it under XMP? and please explain 'brownouts' you say power shortages, is this from the electric in the building spiking or fluctuating or are you saying the computer just shuts off. If it's the computer itself, I'd guess a short somewhere, i.e. maybe one of the screws that attach the mobo to the standoffs in the case, or if using a third party heatsink on the CPU, some of them can touch mobo components and short, etc

Tman

Comment

It just randomly reboots, it can happen at anytime, I have run prime95 and was able to stress the CPU to its max for 3 hours and then i tried the blend test and it would randomly reboot, and its done it quite often. I cant explain it, i shouldnt say its a power loss because i dont know that, but yeah just randomly shutting off and restarting back up. I use g.skill ddr3 ripjaws X 9-9-9-24-2N, and i do have the latest asrock bios for the extrem3 gen3, and all drivers and what not are up to date. I tried the XMP thing, and had no luck, so i just went manual and set them myself, it defaults the timings to like 11-11-11-28-2N, but those are not what these are suppose to run at, or should i try and leave them at 11-11-11-28-2N?

Comment

Also could a bad format of windows cause this with no errors present?

Comment

It's possible, could be bad stick(s), bad mobo? Do you have another system or possiblly a friends/coworkers system you could try the sticks in?

Tman

Comment

I could probably come up with some thing, but i ran memtest all night and it came up clean with 0 errors.

Comment

Then could try a new format and install

Tman

Comment

Yeah I will, I guess its possible that some thing could be grounding it out, but I dont know what and if it was wouldnt it ground it out more often rather than just randomly? The pc was left on all night for about 8 hours or so and it didnt go out once.

Comment

Let us know, I'll revisit and see what I can think of and be back later today

Tman

Comment

hey thanks again

Comment

No problem, back around 2ish PST

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X