Need 16gig of ram..Suggestions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 16gig of ram..Suggestions please

I have a 1100t CPU ASUS Crosshair iv extreme MOBO.currently have 4gig of f3-17600CLD7D-4GBPIS.Would like to know the best 16gigs of ram and what I should set the bios to.Thanks!

Think w/ your CPU and 16GB, I'd look at these

F3-12800CL9Q-16GBSR
    F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL
    F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL

These are all 1600 sets I'm suggesting as I'm not sure your CPU could carry higher than 1600 with 16GB, for setup will want the CPU Host/BUS freq at 240, spec timings, DRAM voltage, CR 2N, and prob CPU/NB at about 1.24

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Is the ram I have the wrong stuff? It was my 1st pc build.

Comment

What is it running at? It's 2133 sticks but not all that many people have gotten 2133 to run with an 1100T, can download CPU-Z, run it and check the memory tab, it will tell you what the sticks are running at and the timings being used.....the freq it shows will be half of what they are running since it's DDR (Double Data Rate) RAM i.e. if it shows around 1016 then it's running 2133, around 800 means it's at 1600, etc. Am suggesting 1600 since the more sticks you run and the more DRAM the more stress on the MC (Memory Controller) and AMD's MCs aren't near as strong as Intel's, wouldn't want you to put out the money for a 16GB set of 2133 if the CPU couldn't run it and even the new high end FX-8150 can have problems running 16GB at only 1866, let alone 2133

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2275922

Comment

G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
            Would these work???

Comment

Yes those would work also

Tman

Comment

Ordered this Model F3-8500CL7Q-16GBRL from newegg today be here tuesday Thanks Tradesman!!!

Comment

You ordered 1066? thought you were looking for 1600?

Tman

Comment

oops this is what I ordered.......MEM 4Gx4|G.SKIL F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL

Comment

Thanks for the update! That has been nagging me since I saw it, was wondering why after the back and forth on 1600 you'd go 1066 and was worried you misread an ad or something, have had some odd ball things come up like folks seeing DDR3 16000 (which is 2000 sticks) and thinking they are 1600 sticks.......Thanx again for the update, I am relieved

Tman

Comment

will be here tuesday lololol and i did order the wrong ones but caught it quick enough to cancel and get the right ones...duh me!!!!lolololol is 55degrees celcius to hot for 1100t???while gaming-40c idle thanks Tradesman!!!

Comment

If you know any one that wants 4gig of f3-17600cl7d-4gbpis they can have it

Comment

Send them to me, always like to have extra sticks around, was just telling Wildman, a retirement community I do a lot of gratis work at is always having residents wanting/needing upgrades and replacements

Tman

Comment

next ? ganged or unganged?

Comment

Working...
                              X