ARES recommended for X79

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARES recommended for X79

I'm looking to get a 32GB quad-channel kit for the X79 platform (still deciding which board).

I know that G.Skill recommends their Ripjaws Z for this platform. I had planned to go with this kit: F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL

However, I am thinking of using a larger CPU cooler and was wondering if there are any similar kits with the new ARES heat spreader that might be just as compatible as the above Ripjaws Z kit.

How about this kit: F3-1600C10Q-32GAO

Is this recommended by G.Skill to use with the X79 quad channel platform?

I value compatibility over all else, so I will go with the Ripjaws Z if necessary, but if they are simply the same dimms with different heat spreaders, then I'd prefer the ARES.

Thank you for the help!

Yes, no problem, in fact here is a page with the mobos that they have already qualified:

http://gskill.com/products.php?index=483

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did see that product page. I guess I was just wondering if, despite the fact that both qualify for X79, whether the Ripjaws Z would still be the better choice for the X79 since G Skill advertises Ripjaws Z specifically for X79.

Or does the fact that both qualify mean that either will work equally as well with this platform?

Comment

Dear Customer

Between these two kits, they should be equally good with your X79 system.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

errors on [ ARES ] F3-1600C10Q-32GAO product page?

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          Yes, no problem, in fact here is a page with the mobos that they have already qualified:

http://gskill.com/products.php?index=483
          However, the [ ARES ] F3-1600C10Q-32GAO product page is confusing when trying to determine compatibility with X79 chipset motherboards.

This product page shows that this is a dual channel kit. Aren't quad channel kits necessary for x79 chipset motherboards?

No x79 chipset motherboards are listed in the Qualified Motherboards section of this product page.

Comment

The chipset and CPU are the determining factor in how the sticks run, basically any set of sticks can run in single, dual (need 2 or more sticks), Tri-channel (need 3 or more) or quad (need 4 or more) - the Ripjaws Z were designed towards the X79 and quad channel, so they might have a very slight edge in quad channel over the Ares operating in quad channel, but nothing that you would ever really see. Even in benchmarks on the X79 platform I've seen sets rated for 'dual' outperform true 'quad' channel sets in slight degrees

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X