No announcement yet.

Motherboard/RAM Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree w/ GSkill, I play with different sets all the time, primarily on a 2500K and a 2700K and you can actually see the difference between a well tuned 1866 and a 2133 setup, especially when dealing with large data sets, video work, GIS, photo work, and large spreadsheets/databases. If all it's used for is gaming, WP, browsing...then no most won't notice, but there will be a difference

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Agree w/ GSkill, I play with different sets all the time, primarily on a 2500K and a 2700K and you can actually see the difference between a well tuned 1866 and a 2133 setup, especially when dealing with large data sets, video work, GIS, photo work, and large spreadsheets/databases. If all it's used for is gaming, WP, browsing...then no most won't notice, but there will be a difference

I found something that may work:

ASUS M5A97 AMD 970 Socket AM3+ Motherboard and AMD FX-8120 3.10 GHz Eight Core AM3+ Unlocked CPU Bundle
      NZXT Phantom PHAN-001WT White Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z Motherboard

AMD FX 8350 8-core Processor @ 4.0Ghz

16GB RAM

1100watt PSU

2 x XFX R9270X Radeon Graphics Card (Crossfired)

Comment

w/ 32 GB? Prob want to look at 1333 sets, poss 1600 but wouldn't count on it

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

w/ 32 GB? Prob want to look at 1333 sets, poss 1600 but wouldn't count on it

So, 1600 you don't think would work? Would i see any difference between the 1333 and the 1600 (32GB)
          NZXT Phantom PHAN-001WT White Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case

16GB RAM

1100watt PSU

Comment

Really depends on what all you do, to be honest unless you have specific plans for 32, don't see many that even use half of than. If heavy into multi-tasking, going to run a number of VMs, have a large RAM drive, or something like that.

Tman

Comment

Really depends on what all you do, to be honest unless you have specific plans for 32, don't see many that even use half of than. If heavy into multi-tasking, going to run a number of VMs, have a large RAM drive, or something like that.

I'm not a gamer, but i do run VMware. . . . I just want a blazing fast computer, and one that i won't have to upgrade for a very long time. I'm also going to be ordering a Blu-Ray DVD Reader/Writer

16GB RAM

1100watt PSU

Comment

Then I'm back to suggesting the the 2500K, and as far as DRAM, more than likely 16 GB will more than likely be plenty (and I'd stick at 1866 min, up to 2133 jumping up to 32GB isn't really going to increase your overall speed unless you put the time into it to really set it up and fine tune it, be better off investing the difference between 16 and 32 GB into a decent SATA III SSD for the OS and primary apps), with your HS should be able to run 4.8 with no problem.

Tman

Comment

Then I'm back to suggesting the the 2500K, and as far as DRAM, more than likely 16 GB will more than likely be plenty (and I'd stick at 1866 min, up to 2133 jumping up to 32GB isn't really going to increase your overall speed unless you put the time into it to really set it up and fine tune it, be better off investing the difference between 16 and 32 GB into a decent SATA III SSD for the OS and primary apps), with your HS should be able to run 4.8 with no problem.
                  I'm no good at overclocking. I've never done that. Was always too scared to.

16GB RAM

1100watt PSU

Comment

The beauty of the 2500K is there's not much more than raising the CPU multiplier, and with RAM, you get a single set of what you want, install it, go into the BIOS enable XMP, select the profile and boom, it sets up for you, with AMD, if you go with fast DRAM it's one adjustment after another if you want to run 1866 or up with a FX CPU

Tman

Comment

The beauty of the 2500K is there's not much more than raising the CPU multiplier, and with RAM, you get a single set of what you want, install it, go into the BIOS enable XMP, select the profile and boom, it sets up for you, with AMD, if you go with fast DRAM it's one adjustment after another if you want to run 1866 or up with a FX CPU
                      Your welcome to come over and do this for me. . LOL

16GB RAM

1100watt PSU

Comment

Oklahoma is a bit of a drive from AZ, would like to get out to Oklahoma City sometime though, that's where my Dad grew up, haven't been there in years and years, since I was just a kid

Tman

Comment

Oklahoma is a bit of a drive from AZ, would like to get out to Oklahoma City sometime though, that's where my Dad grew up, haven't been there in years and years, since I was just a kid

I'm not too far from Oklahoma..........About a 2 minute drive down the road. I'm actually in Fort Smith, Arkansas (don't make fun of me). . lmao

16GB RAM

1100watt PSU

Comment

Nothing to make fun of...I like the area unless it's in the winter

Tman

Comment

and i want to know if the motherboard asus m5a97 evo and AMD 8150 black edition , can run this F3-17000CL11D 8gb ??? at 2133 or 2100 or 1866 or 1800 or 1600 MHz !!! please respond only person who has know about this hardware

Comment

Should have no problem to 1866 anyway, 2000-2133 depends on the user, depending on the BIOS, believe that has DOCP, might well hit 2133

Tman

Comment

Working...
                                X