No announcement yet.

RipjawsZ F3-12800CL9Q2-32GBZL (8x4G) with Intel DX79TO mb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I told you it doesn't boot but in fact it's more a boot loop with the POST code 67 and a blackscreen. Don't know if it changes something, maybe it could give you hints about what's going on.

Do you think it could work if I increase some timings ?
    Right now my vccio is 1.15, maybe I'll give a try at 1.17-1.2.
    What do you think ?

Comment

Can give it a try, I'll be out in the field today but should be back mid afternoon PST

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I won't be able to try it before monday as it's my work computer and I can't go to my office this week-end. If increasing vccio a bit doesn't work, I'll try loosening the timings. I read many times that people were able to boot by increasing timings. Maybe the motherboard or the memory struggles to run with the advertised timings with more than 5 sticks.

Comment

Might help, could be a BIOS issue, have encountered those a lot, don't think the mobo makers really expected to people to jump into the 32/64GB DRAM options as fast as they have, and may have figured they had some extra time to develop the BIOS

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I didn't try it because I've some work to do but as soon as I've some time I'll increase vccio or loosen the timings.
            There is something strange in CPU-Z, you can see on the screenshots that the values are completely crazy in the memory tab.

Maybe it's just a bug from CPU-Z.

Comment

Could try the newer version of CPU-Z, might be more oriented towards the newer hardware and larger amounts of DRAM

Tman

Comment

Same result on the last version 1.60 (x64)... strange !

Comment

Will see if GSkill can take a look, I'll drop them a note, haven't seen them in awhile, might be on vacation

Tman

Comment

Of course that is a glitch, but what settings are used in BIOS? Reset BIOS, input the basic memory settings, and it should work fine.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

4200MHz memory... yeah of course I guess it would have been a record.

I input the basic memory settings and it didn't work, that's why I came here the first time.

I changed the timings at 11-11-11-28-39-128-2T and it worked with 6 sticks (24Gb) so I tried with 7 sticks and it failed, so I removed the seventh stick and after that it didn't work anymore with 6 sticks so I had to removed it also...

So the memory or the board seems to have a problem.
                      So frustrating...

Comment

For what it's worth, I'd guess the motherboard is the culprit, have you tried the set at 1333 or even 1066. Intel is very tight with their motherboards as far using a high amount of memory, MSI is similar, very slow to support it and they both take their time working on the BIOS

Comment

Need to read through this again, but have you tried 1333 at 8-8-8-24

Tman

Comment

Working...
                          X