Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display Driver Stopped

Hello,
    I decided to build a new PC devoted to Image Analyzes.

Lian-Li PC V2120
    Corsair AX 1200 Watts
    ASUS P9X79 Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-3960X
    Noctua NH-D14 SE2011
    G.Skill F3 - 17000CL11Q2 - 32GBZL
    NVIDIA Quadro FX5800
    OCZ RevoDrive3 x2 SSD
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1
    EIZO ColorEdge CG275W

When started, Windows7 recognized the FX5800 and installed the driver version 185,93 (!)
    Definition 2560x1600px :: OK

Connected two (2) WD 1TB > Restarted
    Trying right clic to open "Driver Management" :: First error:
    [ Microsoft Management Console stopped to function ] = translated from french version
    Disconnect the two WD 1TB > Restarted.

New errors all the time: (I have to translate from franch Windows7)

[ Display Pilot is not responding anymore but has recovered ]

Or

[ Display Drive NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Drive version 185,93 is not responding ]
    System stopped and must be restarted !

Tried several NVIDIA pilote versions until the latest version 276,52 (no way !)
    Tried by replacing the FX5800 by a FX4800 (no way !)
    Updates ASUS BIOS from 0802 to 0906 (no way)
    Updated ALL ASUS files (no way)
    Removed the RevoDrive > installed VelociRaptor 300GB HDD
    Installed Windows 7 Pro 64bit without the SP1 (older version) = (no way !)

And so on...

I wonder if some G.Skill members can help me ?

I left the automatic configuration for the processor (3.3GHz) as wel as for the DDR3's
    I also would like to know if there is a specific advised configuration for the G.Skill's ?

I will realy appreciate any positif (!) advice and thaks in advance,
    Regards,
    Jean

With the latest BIOS, all should need to do is go into the BIOS, enable XMP and select Profile 1

Comment

Hi RamJam,
      Many thanks for your reply.

I noticed this option already from G.Skill link, but it's advised for the Rampage IV Extreme !
      Is it also compatible with the ASUS P9X79 Deluxe ?

That would be realy nice and simple at the same time.

Best regards,
      Jean

Comment

All newer Intel mobos utilize XMP, in fact your mobo, an X79 chipset uses the newer XMP 1.3 version and the Ripjaws Z stick are native XMP 1.3 (though backward compatible to XMP 1.2) so you should be good to go....mentioned checking for latest BIOS because with the new chipsets and mobos there are sometimes growing pains in getting the BIOS stable for some DRAM combos...I haven't built on this mobo yet so not familiar with any idiosyncrasies

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi Tman,

Many thanks for Your reply.
          I show it on the G.Skill link, but thought it was specific for the "gamers" to set the AI Overclock Tuner = X.M.P. !

I will follow your advice to day, and let you know the results.
          Regads,
          Jean

Comment

Let us know

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

NO problems anymore

Originally posted by RamJam View Post
              With the latest BIOS, all should need to do is go into the BIOS, enable XMP and select Profile 1
              My real thanks, RamJam, for your short but 1OO% positive solution !
              I succeeded using the WD 300GB, no errors any more.

Best regards,
              Jean

Comment

NO problems anymore

Originally posted by paralou View Post
                Hi Tman,

Many thanks for Your reply.
                I show it on the G.Skill link, but thought it was specific for the "gamers" to set the AI Overclock Tuner = X.M.P. !

I will follow your advice to day, and let you know the results.
                Regads,
                Jean
                Real thanks, Tman, for your advice !
                I succeeded after installing Windows7 Pro 64bit SP1 onto WD VelociRaptor 300GB
                No errors (so far !) after about 8 hours running.

I tried to configure the RevoDrive3 x2 but after the second restart, system hang !
                An other problem, which will be easyer than the previous one (hope so).

I tried to make a image copy from the WD 300GB to the RevoDrive but i dont find the correct options.

Anyway, i thank you for all support you gave me, and i will test tomorrow !
                Best regards,
                Jean

Comment

No problem, let us know if anything else we can do, am sure Jammer will be out and about later this evening

Tman

Comment

BIOS updates come so often anymore, it's one of the first things to look for with all the new DIMMs coming out

Comment

I'm having the same issues on a workstation that I need up asap. How do I set the XMP to profile 1 in the BIOS? I've looked around in the bios and found where it says XMP and it's listing a line of stats with the header "JDEC" (iirc) and to the right of that a "#1" header as well as "#2" though 2 has no information under it.

thanks,

-MaxGrav

Comment

Once you enable XMP it should offer to select a profile, select profile 1

Tman

Comment

Found it, I was looking in the wrong spot. Now to do an In-place upgrade of Win 7 to see if I can resovle all the issues I had at install time.

Thanks so much for the help. I was at wits end as this has been by far the most fustrating build I've done in a decade. The irony is that originally, when I tested the memory, it reported as OK so I thought that I had a bad mobo, and I just shipped off that to be RMA'd earlier today.

-MaxGrav

Comment

May well have been the mobo if iy had problems with the base timings input manually, not sure what hardware your running, but if you have any problems in the future, give us a shout, we tend to get into a little of everything and are expanding the depth of the forums, sort of as we speak, will be adding more HOW TO GUIDES direct from GSkill and it's engineers

Tman

Comment

Hi guys!

I have exactly the same error. - Display Drive NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Drive version 185,93 is not responding

Do you guys think that I should also change the setting to XMP Profile 1 in BIOS?
                              Thank you so much for your help!

My system is the following:

Asus P9X79PRO
                              Intel Core i7 3930
                              MEM 4Gx8|GSKIL F3-14900CL9Q2-32GBZL
                              NVIDIA 9800GX2
                              Corsair AX-850 CMPSU
                              Crucial M4 256SSD
                              Crucial M4 128SSD
                              Win7 Professional 64Bit

Comment

Working...