intel DX58S02 Mainboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intel DX58S02 Mainboard

I have the DX58S02 mainboard with and Intel Core i7 950 @ 3066 mhz. I also have 2 chips of gskill F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL. All of a sudden the computer died. Turned it on and nothing no post screen or beeps. Relaced the ram with the old ddr3 I had and it started working again. Is it possiblely a setting go astray. I have remove and replaced the ram several time using different slots. Pretty sure I have the latest bios. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Sort of sounds like a power spike. Using the old stick(s) try going into BIOS and set to default configuration, then try with your Ripjaws again in the proper slots...if no joy, try with a single stick and then again with the second stick by itself...that may give you an idea if a stick has gone bad or been zapped

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I retried installing the chips again this I put the first stick of memory in slot 1 and the unit beeped 3 times repeating its self after a short delay. Pulled that one out and put the next one in this time in slot 2 and it run fine. Put the other one back in but in a different slot (4) and that ran fine.. as it stands now I have chips in slots 2 and 4 and they appear to be running fine. we let it run for a few days.

Comment

Might be a bad slot. May want to drop Intel a note and see what they think, if the sticks are working fine in 2 and 4 sounds like 1 may have gone belly up

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X