F3-10666CL9D-16GBXL with GA-H55m-s2h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL9D-16GBXL with GA-H55m-s2h

I purchased F3-10666CL9D-16GBXL from the NewEgg Website and installed it onto my motherboard (GA-H55m-s2h). The motherboard detects the ram with the correct size and speed, however when it?s time to load windows it just hangs. When I put in my old ram it works. I used a memory tester from AVG and the system just reloads in the middle.

I also updated to the most recent bios h55ms2h.f7 and tried 1 stick at a time...the computer will not even get to the windows loading screen with 1 stick at a time.

Does this sound like defective ram or incompatibility?

I'd guess that it's a problem w/ the mobo (BIOS in particular), while they advertise this to take and run 8GB sticks, they don't show any in their DRAM QVL and the latest BIOS is dated 8/20/10. Seriously doubt if they even ever tested any 8GB sticks. Might want to drop them a line and ask. The sticks themselves should be be fine, the X series of Ripjaws was designed with the H67/P67/Z68 chipsets in mind, so they should be fine chipset wise, but the BIOS has to know how to deal with the sticks, which it doesn't look like they have kept up with

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

H55 does not support 8GB modules.

Only 8GB max, 2 x 4GB.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

It is a typo on their website. Especially if BIOS is 2010, no way it can support 8GB modules, we did not have any!

Comment

Working...
        X