memory not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memory not working

hi i just got my g.skill ripjaw 4GB (2x2gb) ddr3 f3-10666cl8d-4gb gbrm memory but when i put it in my computer it turns on but nothink on my screen

im using m4a758td-v evo with AMD phenom II x4 955 3.2

my bios version atm is 0512

can anyone help in anyway i dont know much about bios setting or anythink so the more info the better
    Last edited by klesky; 02-17-2012, 10:07 AM.

Might want to unplug the system and reset the CMOS with the mobo jumper (see your manual), then make sure everything connected, the graphics card is in snug, cables tight, etc, and try again. If same, what does it do or not do, i.e. fans come on, PSU powers up? etc

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

hi thx for fast reply but my old memory works fine in my system it come with the comp when i paid for it just this new one wont work everythink else works fine untill i put my new memory in

when new memory is in fans everythink power up just not screen my grahpics card is new gtx560 ti thats fine with old memory in

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? The sticks should be fine w/ your combo, might try 1 at a time in slot 1 (nearest CPU)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

im not sure on the latest bios i dont know much about that stuff but ill try putting one in the first slot and it did the same thing powers up all fans fine no beeps just the monitor wont come on how do i update the bios to see if that the problem i found out my bios is version 0512 and was done in 2009 by american megatrends inc who ever they are
          Last edited by klesky; 02-17-2012, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Latest version is 2105 and can be found here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD..._EVO/#download

ASUS has instructions for flashing their BIOS and that is prob the problem

Tman

Comment

thx alot for your help it works find now the bios update worked

Comment

Great glad to hear it, Enjoy!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X