Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What 8GB RAM for 890FXA-UD7 + 1100T?

Hi ALl,

My son arrives from Oz tomorrow to liev with me and I'll be building a PC with him. I have the above Gigabyte motherboard and I should be able to souce an 1100T to go with it (it won't support the new FX chips) So I want to put 8 Gb ram in it and I was wondering what G-Skill to use?

I'm planning on trying to run the memory at 1600 as per the instructions on here.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

For 1600 I'd like to the Ripjaws X, F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM at CL8, which is a good match for the CPU/mobo, for a little better performance take a look at the X model F3-12800CL7D-8GBXM, which is CL7. There's also a variety of 1600 sets at CL9, Ripjaws, other Ripjaws Xs and Snipers...but for just a couple extra $s the first two selections would give you better performance....and for what it's worth, they'll both look good with the mobo, if you have a windowed or see thru case.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tradesman, I'll go with F3-12800CL7D-8GBXM. I want him to have a good system.

Regards

Mark

Comment

Let us know how you like them

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X