Did I fry RAM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I fry RAM?

I had to take my new build apart for a mobo RMA, I put my F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR kit back in its original package. I inadvertantly set a container of small parts on it which had a neo-dymium magnet on the bottom to corral the parts.
    Will the memory be damged due to the magnetic force?

Go ahead, think it, I'm a dumba**.
    I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

Possible, but hopefully not, have run into the same where I laid sticks near a magnet on my finish bench and there was no damage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks, I hope not too. I'll wait until the board comes back and run memtest. Good to hear I'm not the only one who has a cranial hemorrhage now and then.

Comment

Happens to all of us and more often than we even know, many I'd like to completely forget, i.e. when I build a rig I'll have the specs for what it will be. What I often do is build it, say it calls for 8GB/1600, I'll also often test the rig with other/better sticks and/or CPUs, primarily just to see what the mobo will take/handle. Have had a couple rigs go out with more/better DRAM than what was called for, obviously the client was thrilled and I wasn't....but things like that happen.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hmm, where can I pick up one of your builds?

Comment

It's a bit of a flight from Lafayette, and and even longer drive (used to live in Indianapolis area), but hop the interstate and head for Tucson, AZ.....could call next time I'm in Indy (which may be awhile due to the cold and the humidity)

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X