No announcement yet.

Memory for AMD 990fx chipsets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes both kits work great at 1600mhz but was hoping to have what I bought which is 1866mhz
    and both kits seperately work great as 1866mhz but when all 4 sticks are in the computer they will not run at 1866mhz

Comment

Have you tried raising DRAM and CPU/NB voltages, I suggested starting points earlier, but may well have to go higher, what have you tried them at.....like GSkill Tech said the two sets may not want to play at 1866, but I'd lean more towards the CPU can't carry the 4 sticks at 1866, even the 8120 often has problems w/ 4 and have seen few 6100s and fewer 4100s that can realistically think about more than the 2 sticks they are 'rated' up to.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I was thinking the same thing Tradesman, with any luck the 2x8GB kits will drop in price soon enough and I'll grab a set of those and hopefully it'll work out

Comment

If you see it before me, give a shout, I'd like to grab a 32GB set for my P67, built some 32GB rigs but had little time to play, can do a lot w/ 16GB and a RAMdrive so would really like to play with 32GB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X