Memory Speed of Ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Speed of Ram

So I recently picked up a couple sets of G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9-2GBRL for a total of 8gb. After I installed the memory I was noticing something about their speeds. Now I know the bios reports it running at 802.4Mhz as does CPu-Z but looking at this picture of each memory stick it has me wondering what they really are running at?

Any info or advice?

Thanks.

Last edited by enaberif; 02-06-2012, 09:52 PM.

To find what they are running at, look at CPU-Z in the memory tab, should indicate 800 or so as you indicate, it's DDR (Double Data Rate so (800 x 2). The info that appears in the MAX BANDWIDTH section of CPU-Z is the default boot settings/timing for the DRAM. The earlier sets of of RipJaws X had a base default boot setting for 1333, that has been increased to 1600. This has no effect on the XMP settings which remain the same. The big problem here is that many people believe that the erroneously labeled 'MAX BANDWIDTH' label is actually getting information off the memory chips and are telling people that is what the chips are 'rated' for, which isn't true. DRAM needs a default that it can boot into on most any motherboard and that is the purpose of this setting in the SPD, otherwise since most all mobos boot to a default of 1333 or 1600 you'd never be able to get into the BIOS with 1866, 2000, 2133 or say 2400 sticks of DRAM. It appears simply that your purchases consist of one of the later 1333 boot sets and one of the newer 1600 boot sets

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X