• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill 1600mhz CL6 BSOD 2nd Kit

Model of the motherboard: P8Z68V-Pro
    Model of the memory: G.Skill 1600mhz CL6 4GB (2x2GB) F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH
    Model of the CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k

I actually bought two kits of these RAMs. First kit ran smoothly. 1600mhz @ CL6. When I installed the second kit, BSOD occured. I lowered the timings to CL8 and it runs fine now but I'm not satisfied since I paid for a CL6 RAM. It runs fine up to three modules @ CL6. Only when I put a fourth module does it go into BSOD. Tried swapping modules/slots. Every possible combination. Even RMA'd the second kit but to no luck. Please help. Should I increase the voltage? Currently running at 1600mhz @ CL8 @ 1.5v.
    Last edited by diesus; 02-05-2012, 06:41 AM.

Any time you mix two sets, even identical ones, it can be problematic, which is why GSkill recommends a full set of the quantity you want so you have all sticks tested to work together, this is even more true with high freq or high performance sets like yours (CL6). Generally you can get them to play together by adding a little voltage, naybe start with + 06 to the DRAM voltage and increase the MC voltage (VCCIO I think in this mobo) up about the same as DRAM +.05 - + .07

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Any time you mix two sets, even identical ones, it can be problematic, which is why GSkill recommends a full set of the quantity you want so you have all sticks tested to work together, this is even more true with high freq or high performance sets like yours (CL6). Generally you can get them to play together by adding a little voltage, naybe start with + 06 to the DRAM voltage and increase the MC voltage (VCCIO I think in this mobo) up about the same as DRAM +.05 - + .07
      I see. My mistake then. I'm probably gonna run it at CL8 for the mean time. Gonna resell it and buy a set of 4 then. Thanks for the help!

Comment

No problem, let us know how all works out

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X