Need RAM Timings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need RAM Timings.

Need stable timings for 1866. Thank you!

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX
    CPU: AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 3.3GHz
    RAM: G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866

Again, thank you! I will post updates if the timings do not work.

Techscape

the 1.5 set, F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR, is 9-10-9-28, 2T (or 2N), 1.5, will also want to be sure you have the latest BIOS for the 990FXA that supports the Zambezi's and higher freq DRAM

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well. The timings unfortunately cause the system to crash and if it does boot it is unstable. Keeps wanting to jump down to 1333 timing vs the 1866.

Any more advice?

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS F6f, can be found here:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...?pid=3894#bios

GB hasn't done much testing with 4GB sticks on this mobo, so am guessing the BIOS will still be lacking a bit, might also try raising DRAM voltage a tad (1.55) and see how that does, the MC may need a slight voltage increase also
        Last edited by Tradesman; 02-06-2012, 09:03 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well, I already updated the bios, in fact that was the first thing I did. I usually do that on fresh builds anyways. I will see what tweaking the voltage does.

Also, I didn't mention before but I have 2 - 2x4GB. Thought I may want to include that. If it doesn't support it at those timings I am OK with clocking down some.

Comment

Since some of the Zambizi (mainly the 41-6100 can have a problem at 1866, can always drop to 1600, with this set would try at 8-9-8-28 2T 1.5 (and you had the DRAM right in the first post, just noticed and changed my typing error, sorry bout that)

Tman

Comment

In addition to inputting the basic memory settings, you have to increase the CPU-NB Voltage to be able to stabilize full slots of DDR3-1866. Otherwise the memory controller (CPU-NB) will be overloaded and unstable.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X