Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3 17000cl9d-8gbxm

Hi Everyone,

New to forum and need some help with my new Ripjaw X. I'm coming from a Kingston Hyper X 1600 set and have seen a performance gain, but still think i'm a little low on specs. The best i've gotten out of these so far is at timimngs of 8-9-8-22-1T is 16gb/s bandwidth and 49ns latency using sisoft sandra. The memory in bios is set to 1600mhz and oc'ed to 1808mhz. I can't get it to go any higher or get better numbers in benchmarks.
    My mobo supports 1886, but bsod or freezes if i push it any higher than 1808. I 've seen others with similar setup get up to 18gb/s. What can i do?

What CPU and what mobo? also will want the latest BIOS.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

AMD 1600T (unlocked 960T) All 6 cores are stable. AsRock 890FX Deluxe 4.

Comment

I was also wondering about the bios update. The only update beyond what i have already is for AM3+ compatibility. Will that really make a difference?

Comment

Might help, (what ever they show in the BIOS recap is generally only what they consider the major point, most all BIOS updates always include changes to better the DRAM compatibility) though it may be, at least in part, the CPU. The mobo may support 1866 and possibly even higher, but have seen where the 960 has problems at those frequencies without rather high DRAM and CPU/NB voltages (even then many can't handle it). AMDs latest CPUs, the FX series, while highly touted for the ability to run UP TO 1866, are limited to 1 stick per channel, and the lower end 4100 and 6100 oft times have trouble with even that

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X