Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL10Q-32GBXL (x2) on ASUS Rampage IV Extreme

Hello,

I did something stupid . Hoping to get some help and advice, helpful advice would be best.

I bought an ASUS Rampage IV Extreme board with 2 of the F3-12800CL10Q-32GBXL... thinking oh the GBXL means X79 and the GBZL must mean Z68. I think I got it exactly wrong

When I put in all 64GB of RAM only 48 show up. When I test each stick it seems to work just fine, but together they don't seem to work. The system is not stable as well, tends to crash.

I haven't changed any settings in BIOS. I've only updated to the latest firmware for the motherboard (1011 from the top of my head).

What would be the correct way to install 2 x F3-12800CL10Q-32GBXL and set up the correct BIOS settings? Or did I just flat out get it wrong and I should return the RAM and switch to GBZL?

I've tried loading XMP and setting the timings to 10 10 10 30 2N. I'm a complete n00b and would appreciate baby step advice.

Thank you!!

The X Ripjaws should work, problem being with two sets, XMP won't work, so need to set up manually, latest BIOS is 1101, so that's good, will then want to disable XMP (if enabled), set base timings to 10-10-10-30, 2T, may have to raise DRAM voltage from 1.55 to 1.6, wIll want to start VCCSA at 1.25 and will to raise MC voltage gradually.....a decent guide for this is here

http://rog.asus.com/46212011/guides/...verclocking-2/

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Lost and Confused...

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      The X Ripjaws should work, problem being with two sets, XMP won't work, so need to set up manually, latest BIOS is 1101, so that's good, will then want to disable XMP (if enabled), set base timings to 10-10-10-30, 2T, may have to raise DRAM voltage from 1.55 to 1.6, wIll want to start VCCSA at 1.25 and will to raise MC voltage gradually.....a decent guide for this is here

http://rog.asus.com/46212011/guides/...verclocking-2/
      Thank you for the reply! I tried the above and read the guide above to find the settings I'm meant to change, no success. Only recognizing 32Gb. I am not sure what guide line to use as to what "gradual" means when raising the VCCSA voltage? I went up in 0.005 increments to about 1.30 with no success...

I'm OK at following instructions, but I have to say, I really don't understand a lot of what I've changed. The words make sense to me, but the content is above my head.

couple of questions... what is that latency thing all about? Nearer, Further, Furthest?
      Also in the base timings section, i can manually change it to 10-10-10-30, but then I'm guess the last part the 2T is the option after? I can set that to 2 but I have no idea where to set it to T?

(I realise I have no idea... this is a bit like trying to land a 747... so many buttons and controls...)

Not sure where to go from here, should I upload some screen shots of what I've changed?

Comment

The 2T (may even show as 2N, the T and N designators are interchangeable) should be listed as Command Rate/Command Timing something to that effect. Believe the Memory Controller voltage on your mobo is CPU VTT or to that effect.....will see what I can find

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

VCCSA is the CPU Memory Controller Voltage.

2T and 2N is all the same. As long as you set Command Rate/Timing to 2, it will be fine.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X