Is this the way to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the way to go?

I haven't bought ram yet and want to check to see if it will work in my system. I have a Z68 EX3 Gen3 system with an i5 2500k that is unbuilt yet. I'm thinking of using G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL.
    The Specs on this ram are.... Cas Latency: 11 Voltage: 1.5V ? 1.6V Dual Channel Kit Timing: 11-11-11-30.

Will this ram work with this board and will it be stable? I can't find a direct match here or on the ASrock site.
    I'll be overclocking the CPU and doing whatever the ram needs as well but nothing crazy. I don't want to buy something that won't work well with this board and figured it made more sense to ask first than to have a problem later.
    The system will be used for gaming for the most part.
    Thanks to any helpers.

That would be a good choice and no real bother on setup, will want latest BIOS, Install, enable XMP and select Profile 1 and you should be in business. If looking for a litle better performance @ $5 more might look at either the F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM Ripjaws X Med or the F3-17000CL9D-8GBSR Snipers (one of my favorites), both are a step up from the selected Ripjaws X L, being CL9 vs your selected CL11 Ripjaws X. The two I mentioned would provide near native 2400 CL11 performance

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the info. Helps to avoid an incompatibility issues by asking before buying.

Comment

Let us know how all turns out

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X