Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series F3-12800CL9T-12G 1.25V failure in Rampage III Formula MB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series F3-12800CL9T-12G 1.25V failure in Rampage III Formula MB

I have a Rampage III Formula latest BIOS, with 6GB wanted to update to 12 or better yet 18GB, so I purchased: G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-12GBSR2 However in this MB only 4Gb at CAS 11 is ever seen (so 1 SIMM), this is at 1.25V all the way through 1.55V (with only these 3 SIMMS present). Simple put I do not see a way to call this kit a I7 X58 set compatible, when it can not even locate the RAM in question. Memory is fine in a P68 (any 2 SIMMS), but not for an X58 which being a 12Gb kit is obviously what it was meant for. Anyways off to RMA it (glad I have to waste return postage and re-stocking) Now an $80 product will cost me 25 simple to get rid of.

Very unimpressed G.Skill,
    ERIC

Do you have the latest BIOS? If so did you enable XMP and select the 1600 profile? Sounds like you installed the sticks and left everything at AUTO, the CL11 it looked at sounds like the 0702 BIOS, current is 0903, can be found here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...mula/#download

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks, already thought of that

The CAS 11 is because of the MB's auto recovery mode, which got enabled the 2 times (the only times it would boot). I even tried manual 1.55V and CAS11 the one time, not that that would have been acceptable, but figured what the heck, maybe it would boot it did not. As for BIOS I'm on the latest version as far as I can tell this memory is just not compatible with the MB. I could understand the issue if I had both the old and new RAM installed at the same time (expected to have to work to get that done), but that was not the case.

Thanks,
      ERIC

Comment

With the latest BIOS, should be able to go into BIOS with the new sticks enable XMP and select the profile. May be a problem that ASUS hasn't fully updated the BIOS to accept the newer low voltage sticks, just took a look at their BIOS page, current is 0903 from Nov of 2011, which in part was for just that, yet the only thing they show tested is the 1.35 ECOs.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X