what can i do ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what can i do ???

ok came here because with my old q6600 setup i ran 4gb 4x1gig (back then it cost ?180...lol )of black dragon and it worked perfect for yrs ..
    so now i have a crosshair v with a 1090t x6 @ 4.1gig ..
    but the mem keeps playing up corsair veng .. now i want some geil but need to be sure it will run ok ..
    looking for 2x8gig 0r 4x4gig around 1600-2000mhz ..
    anyone help ??

If looking for 4x4GB @ 1600, as long as you're here, might take a look at these, any of which should work with your rig

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...4%20x%204GB%29

or, if serious about wanting Geil, not sure why you came here, but can check with them, here's their configurator page:

http://www.geil.com.tw/configurator

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

hi tradesman thx for answering
      problem with the config page is Please contact GeIL Tech Support: tech@geil.com.tw on recommendations for your motherboard "Crosshair V Formula"

wich i have done ..

but seeing as i overclock ,i'm looking for 1800 + really and the board is a little finicky to say the least ..
      was hoping there would be a few on here that could help ..

Comment

Well Geil and GSkill are completely different companies so you'll have to talk to them on their stuff, in addition to the 1600 sets above, GSkill (us) also has these in 1866:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...PC3%2014900%29

and these in 2133:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...PC3%2017000%29

Keep in mind the MC in AMD CPUs isn't as strong as in Intel's CPUs so may take some tuning in the BIOS to run alll 4 sticks at these higher freqs

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

lol and thats what ya get when trying to write on 2 diffrent forums at the same time .. and having 12+ windows open looking at loads of diffrent memory ...
          so first i'll apologise ..
          second thx for your help ..
          third ..
          i'll prob put the sniper series in my top 3 ...
          thx again ..

Comment

Sounds very familiar, if you don't already have one get a second screen, it helps with all the Windows....and the Snipers are a good choice, they are my favorites for their versatility and OCing ability

Tman

Comment

ok so i find the memory i want ...F3-12800CL9Q-16GBSR1
              sniper @1600mhz but 1.35v .. but can i find them in the uk ...arrrg
              but if i order from states it cost a fortune in delivery ...
              any chance you checking see if they are availible over here ?

Comment

I'll see if GSkill can take a look, in the meantime, might check with these resellers to see if any carry them or if they can order them for you:

http://www.gskill.com/reseller.php?c1=4&c2=50

Tman

Comment

thx you again mr Tradesman yor a true star .. after going tru all of them i found 1 with 3 units in stock ..
                  so they have been ordered and i eagerly await delivery

but i will say there close on twice as much at new egg wanted .. but hey the uk always pays thru the nose for tech stuff ...

Comment

Sorry I can't help out there, but you can kick back for a while now, and let us know what you think when you get 'em

Cheers

Tman

Comment

phoned the company i ordered it with today to see about delivery to be told it's out of stock .. cancelled that order
                      have contacted memoryc.com there going to try and get it for me but may be a week ..
                      why is it so hard in the uk to get good memory ?
                      can g-skill not get better resellers autherised dealers here ?
                      i know it's not anyones fault just venting frustration ...lol

Comment

GSkill is trying to build up in Europe, have heard they may be setting up an RMA center their, maybe they'll go up a notch and add distribution also

Tman

Comment

People need to tell their retailers to carry G.Skill, otherwise they don't care to import high performance speciality DRAM memory. It is much easier to sell basic plug and play RAM, this way they also don't have to deal with helping people set up performance memory. It can be a headache when people don't know how to use it, then complain or blame the seller.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH
                          Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 02-06-2012, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X