Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK and Kingston KVR 1333D3N8K2/2G do not work together.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK and Kingston KVR 1333D3N8K2/2G do not work together.

Hi,
    I have the following system:

MB: Intel DX38BT
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9450 @ 2.66GHz

I bought F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK memory and wanted to use it together with currently installed Kingston KVR 1333D3N8K2/2G.
    Unfortunatelly, when I press the start button computer gives me three sound signals and do not do anything else.

When I try to use either pair of memory modules, they work fine. Together they don't work at all.

I tried to start them with default(Automatic) settings in bios, but without success.
    Also I noticed that bios show 8-8-8-24 latencies for Kingston.
    For G.SKILL it is 9-8-8-24 even when I select XMP.
    They both run on 1333MHz.

So, there are two questions:
    1. How I can make two memories work together?
    2. How I can make G.SKILL (when it is the only pair of memory installed) to run on the latencies (8-8-8-21 1.5V) claimed for this memory by the manufacturer?

Thank you.

You could try checking for a BIOS update, but wouldn't count on it as Intel doesn't do a whole lot with BIOS updates. Believe the board came out with XMP 1.1 so the GSkill sticks will prob have to be manually set up to the base timings, CR (Command Rate) of 2T and DRAM voltage or 1.5. Also wouldn't be to hopeful about getting the two sets to play together, the two sets use different chips, different base timings G=8-8-8-21 vs K=8-8-8-24, different capacities - if I were to try I'd go 1066 7-7-7-21. 1.53, 2T and be prepared to raise the NB voltage about .04

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for the prompt reply.
      I tried all of the above, except for bios update.
      Nothing worked.
      I couldn't run two memories together.

Nominal settings for the G.SKILL memory couldn't be set as well.
      I manually set the 8-8-8-21 latencies in BIOS, but it still shows actual latencies as 9-8-8-24.

I will try to update BIOS tomorrow.

Comment

Maybe is the CPU-Z bug. Try other software to read dram information, e.x AIDA64 or HWiNFO.

Comment

If AIDA64 and/or HWINFO show the same, my thoughts would go back to the BIOS, Intel often decides on the BIOS and that's it, they seldom update, so people are often sort of stuck when wanting to use newer sticks and/or in your case trying to mix sets, haven't seen alot of people have good success

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X