F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK OC to 1400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK OC to 1400

I've been playing around with my new MoBo (GA-P45T-ES3G-Gigabyte). My CPU C2D E8500 is OC to 35=3.3GHZ. I have only OC the FSB of the CPU. All other BIOS settings are on Auto. This memory is set at 8-8-8-21, 1.5V As I OC the CPU fsb, I noticed that the memory starting go up from 667 and is now at 700 or 1400. The SPD is on default 1.2. My concern, is this safe for this model of memory. My system is stable. Or, if this is not a good idea, should I be installing some DDR3/1600 compatible memory ? Thank you folks for your assistance.
    Kcblair
    GA-P45t-ES3G, G.Skill DDR3-1600(2GB) X2, G.Skill Turbulance II Fan, 1.3TB HHD, Samsung Blu-ray, Intel C2D E8500, Arctic Cooler Freezer 7, RaidMax 530 PSU, EVGA GTX 550 Ti GPU, Windows 7 Pro.

You're safe it's a small OC, watch overall temps, but shouldn't be a problem

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you tman. There is no temp monitor on this mobo for memory. The cpu temp hits 39C at 100%. System (northbridge) is at 29C. What do you (GSkill) consider too much OC for this memory ? And at what point should I move to DDR3/1600 , as this board does support 1600 memory ? Thank you for your assistance. Ken
      Kcblair
      GA-P45t-ES3G, G.Skill DDR3-1600(2GB) X2, G.Skill Turbulance II Fan, 1.3TB HHD, Samsung Blu-ray, Intel C2D E8500, Arctic Cooler Freezer 7, RaidMax 530 PSU, EVGA GTX 550 Ti GPU, Windows 7 Pro.

Comment

To be honest I don't know if they place a limit on OCing, I've often OCed their sticks but generally no more than the next common freq, i.e. 1600 to no more than 2000, 1866 to no more than 2200....generally I try to buy higher than I expect and downclock if needed, alot of it can depend on a clients budget. I>E> on a new thread today:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10093

they are looking for about the best they can do with 2x4GB, I suggested a pair of 2133 sets that natively run at CL9-----there's also 2133/CL11 sets, but I further suggested an 1866/CL9 set that cost less than the 2133/CL11 sets and can run 2133 at CL10

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you Tman. Looking at NewEgg, DDR3 memory is fairly cheap, maybe I'll go up to 1600, as that is as much as this board will support.
          Kcblair

Comment

I think you'd be happy with it, might look at the Snipers or Ripjaws

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tman, I've been looking at the Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL, which is compatible with my P45 MoBo. $30 at Newegg, cheap enough for me, there's also the "KOOL" factor with this memory.
              Kcblair

Comment

Good choice, those are great sticks!

Tman

Comment

Hello Tman, just an update. Been having trouble OC my Intel 8500 pass 3.3ghz. I had been using F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK, auto OC to 1400fsb. When I hit 3.4GHZ on the E8500, I started getting BSOD with memory error. The Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL arrived today, plugged them in and now I'm at 3.5GHZ. So , that extra 267hrz of FSB has helped me OC my E8500. So I guess the F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK could not handle much pass 700/1400hrz. To compliment the Ripjaws DDR3-1600's I also ordered a G.SKILL FTB-3500C5-D Fan. I have really great cooling in the case, but hell, these fans look "KOOL" I'm the type that needs "KOOL" to compliment performance.........
                  Last edited by kcblair; 02-04-2012, 03:22 PM.
                  Kcblair

Comment

Well....now that all is Kool time to grab a COLD one, throw on a Coolie hat, grab some sun and CHILL out

Tman

Comment

You wouldn't be a comedian , by any chance ? I mean Vegas is not far from you. Thanks, I'm a senior citizen, having fun with the toy I built. This is easier than building model cars........
                      Kcblair

Comment

Not far at all, was stationed there 80-84 while in the Air Force, in fact that's when I got started with computers, but my first one took up a 1600 or so sq ft room, and was less powerful than one of my home rigs now

Tman

Comment

Wow, I was in the Air Force 66-92 and retired. Would that computer be a Univac 1050-II ? I was in supply (Inv mangt) (645xx)
                          Kcblair

Comment

Burroughs when I was at Nellis, left their and went to HQ TAC where I primarily worked ran a Honeywell DPS6 at the MAJCOM level and provided base level support for Sperry mainframes (and a little to the Manpower and personnel Center who were transitioning to DPS8's), was a Systems manager in personnel W732xx

Tman

Comment

It's pretty amazing how computers have progressed. This PC I built was easier than building model airplanes & cars. Best, it's future proof. My next upgrade will be to the new "i" core series. Still need to learn the ins and outs of a PC, so I'm happy playing with LGA775 socket stuff for now. Did you retire from the USAF ?
                              Kcblair

Comment

Working...
                              X