X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using TWO 16gb ripjaws kits

Hi , sorry my english =)
    I am using two kits of
    "DDR3 16Gb (4x4Gb) PC3-17000 2133MHz DIMM G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series, F3-17000CL11Q-16GBZL"
    and i have 32gb of ram with them

My system is unstable - sometimes i cant turn off computer and i get "overclocking failed" message after reboot (nothing is overclocked only memory parameters is set as in online manual)
    m/b is asus rampage 4 extreme

maybe if i am using two kits i must set higher voltage .... or some timings ?

What mobo?, what CPU? Any time you mix two sets (even of the same model) you take a chance they won't want to play together, especially with the higher speed/freq sets, generally you can stabilize them by adding a bit of voltage to the DRAM and/or to the MC (Memory Controller), might want to try the DRAM at 1.65 for starters and see if that helps, if not get back to us with the mobo and CPU

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Core i7 Extreme 3960X cpu and m/b is asus rampage 4 extreme
      when i raised mem voltage to 1.625 i get error much less . ill try to raise mem controller voltage a bit.

Comment

Also make sure you have the latest BIOS for the mobo

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tradesman is right, you need latest BIOS for the mobo. And the CPU VCCSA = 1.250v

Comment

Working...
          X