Asus M4A785TD-M EVO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus M4A785TD-M EVO

I have had this motherboard for quite some time and recently decided to upgrade my RAM for 4GB to 12GB.

I purchased and installed G.Skill F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH

More or less I looked at the crappy OCZ memory I had in there which was DDR3 10666 (PC1333) and looked for something similar with G.Skill.... However, I believe I either made a mistake, or I am not as computer savvy as I once was (technology has changed a lot since I last built a computer).

I installed the RAM on the board, and nothing. The computer turns on, but I get no display. I took all RAM modules out and installed just the G.Skill... Same problem. I take the G.Skill out and the computer boots up fine, display and all.

Is this G.Skill Model F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH compatible with my Asus M4A785TD-M EVO Motherboard? Asus only provides initially tested RAM modules for setups less than 6GBs.

Or... Am I am just doing something wrong? Please Advise!

Any information or possible soultions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you and Best Regards,

Groffia

Should work fine, do you have the latest BIOS?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

That's a good an valid question, and I'll just say that no I do not. I can't confirm at the moment, but I'm pretty sure the BIOS is the same as when I bought the mobo.

I'm at work, but I'll spend some time working on it tonight and see what I can come up with and get back to you with my results.

It is good however to know that I bought the correct RAM, pending a BIOS update I don't foresee any issues. Get back to you when I'm finished.

Thanks!

Comment

We'll be around, in fact I'll be in and out during the evening

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

So, it worked. I downloaded the Asus Update Utility, Flashed the BIOS and viola! It booted up nicely.

Two things...

The date/time on my computer now reads 1/1/2002 and the time is about 6 hours off. How in the hell do I fix that?

Not that Windows is any sort of a benchmark utility, but I refreshed the overall score for my system within Windows and my memory score went from 7.0 down to 6.5. I'm no genius but wouldn't additional RAM be beneficial to a computer. I don't understand that.

Anyway, the initial problem is solved, thank you!

Comment

On the date/time, to change go to lower right hand corner where time is displayed, right click on the time, that'll bring up a menu, select ADJUST DATE/TIME.........can also change it in the BIOS. If it continues to fall backward to 2002 or whatever (especially after system is unplugged or even off for awhile, prob need to get a new CMOS battery for the mobo, or reseat the one there, generally it's a silver disk sort of between a nickel and a dime in size

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
              Should work fine, do you have the latest BIOS?
              Sorry I wasnt here sooner but I have the same MB and that was my only issue. Bios update can fix a lot of issues. Did you get your date and time fixed?
              Asus M4A785T-M
              AMD 955 BE @ 3.7ghz stock volts
              Corsair H60 Watercooler
              8GB 1600 G-skill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 1.55v
              Pioneer 215 DVD DL Writer
              2x 300GB Seagate Raid 0
              500GB Seagate Storage
              1.5TB Seagate Storage
              2.0TB Seagate Storage
              BFG GTX260 OC Maxcore 55 on a 42" HDTV HDMI <-Awaiting Retirement
              PNY GTX550 TI XLR8 Enthusiast Edition on a 42" HDTV HDMI <-Testing-So far not impressed...
              Corsair GS700 PSU

Comment

Working...
              X