X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RipjawsX F3-17000CL8D-4GBXMD BSOD 1A MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Motherboard: Asrock Z68 pro-m, BIOS 1.60 up-to-date
    CPU: Core i7 2600K @stock
    RAM: 2 x G.Skill F3-17000CL8D-4GBXMD stock timmings (CL8 9 8 24)
    SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 finally stable

Voltages:
    no overclock (processor stock voltages)
    DRAM Voltage= 1.65
    VTT ( VCCIO/CPU IO) Voltage = default ~ 1.057

----------------------------------------------
    Hi,

i purchased two sets of this memory, whith sparsed time, so i have got 2 x F3-17000CL8D-4GBXMD, summarizing 8GB. I am glad with these amazing memories, obviusly.

However, i have noted recently a few BSODs bcode=1A MAGEMENT_MEMORY, at the same time when i am charging mobile phone battery by usb (chance?). HTC drivers are up-to-date.

In order to get an more stable system, 3 questions :

1 - Is it recommend to increase DRAM voltage upper 1.65? . My bios offers DRAM voltage to 1.8 V.

2- Must VTT voltage (VCCIO/CPU IO voltage) to be increased because of high performance of this memory?

3- less concern question, elder memory set runs at CL8, CL7 and CL6 (not very tested) at 2133 Mhz with indredible bandwiths adjusting CPU overclock. However, two sets together, without CPU overclock, only run stock CL8, altough with a sligh/moderate CPU overclock it reachs bandwith ~ 23 GBs (not bad, of course). Is possible/recommended increase DRAM Voltage or VTT for running two memory sets at CL7?

Sorry for my english and Thanks.

With two sets, XMP won't work, so might want to try initially with the spec base timings, and maybe just up DRAM voltage to 1.7 and VCCIO to 1.12...check stability, if good could try either tightening timings or reduce voltages at .01 at a time while maintaining stability. Or even OC them a bit, should be able to run 2300 at CL9

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      With two sets, XMP won't work, so might want to try initially with the spec base timings, and maybe just up DRAM voltage to 1.7 and VCCIO to 1.12...check stability, if good could try either tightening timings or reduce voltages at .01 at a time while maintaining stability. Or even OC them a bit, should be able to run 2300 at CL9
      Well, thanks for the answer. It seems very sense and I have tried VDRAM 1.695 V and VCCIO 1.122 V for increase stability, altough it is soon for singing a win.

About OC, my MB Asrock Z68 only offers up to 2133 and i dont see the way for setting more than 2133. Tigher timing is possible, i have tried 8 9 7 21 and it seems Ok, altough the results of benchmarks were too similar to 8 9 8 24 (21, 90 GBs vs 21.30 GBs). . Setting CL 7 is impossible, motherboard resets 3 times and turn into BIOS setup again and with only 1 memory set is possible CL7 and CL6 ... Well, If no more occasional BSODs MEMORY_MANAGEMENT , it is OK for me.

Thanks,

Carlos

Comment

Sounds good, glad to hear it, keep us informed

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi,

I have tried several configs and so far I have not got any more bsods. Maxxmem2 reports this bandwidth :

Greets

Comment

Glad to hear it, keep in touch

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X