Amber Light After Upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amber Light After Upgrading

Hey G-skill, my friend recently bought some Ripjaws (12GB) from our local computer retailer, and after installing them his PC no longer got to the BIOS. There are lights on the Mobo ordered orange/green/orange/green, and even after reverting back to the old RAM he was using (also G-Skill) the problem wasn't fixed.

We've tried unplugging unnecessary peripherals, using 1 stick at a time, as well as reverting to his Original RAM.

The Mobo is a gigabyte ga-x85a-ud3r, so if anyone can help us out it would be awesome, thanks! <3

Try resetting the BIOS/CMOS it can be done with a jumper on the mobo, or just remove the mobo batter for about 30 seconds (make sure the PSU is unplugged) then install a stick and make sure you have the latest BIOS, FH, which can be found here:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...?pid=3449#bios

Install the new sticks, go into BIOS enable XMP and should be good to go.. If any further problems please include the model of the DRAM and what CPU you have

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Took out the mobo battery after much difficulty getting behind the video card, still no luck =[

Tried using 1 stick of both the old ram and the new and it still doesn't get to the BIOS. :\

Comment

Edit: The processor is an i5 and the RAM is ripjaws f3-12800clt9-12gbrl

Comment

Try with just the old

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

That's what I meant, we've tried the new by themselves, and the old by themselves. Including 1 stick from each.

Comment

Working...
            X