Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4a79xtd + f3-12800cl9q-16gbrl

M4A79XTD + F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL

Computer has been blue screening on me ever since i put this new RAM in my computer.
    Weird thing is computer only crashes when i run PowerDictor and start to change mts vidoes over to a MP4 format.... Sometimes it works,, but mustly it will blue Screen during that process.

Now i have can run games and i have ran memory checks and burn in test on my machine, and it all passes and has never crashed.

I have went back to my old memory. and computer never blue screens in powerDirector.
    OCZ Obsidian 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model OCZ3OB1600LV4GK

I run all my bios settings to Auto. So not sure if i have some bad ram or auto settings in bios needs changed or ram doesnt work with this motherboard.

any ideas? bought RAM for christmas and passed my 30 days to return,, so might request new an exchagne.

With the two extra sticks may need to raise DRAM and/or CPU/NB voltage + .05 or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

OCZ is 4x2G
      GSkill is 4x4G

Comment

Sorry, worded it wrong 'extra 8 GB' may need additional voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Follow the AMD CPU + G.Skill 1600 guide, you need to input the proper settings for the memory to be perfectly stable. Also, make sure you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard.

Your older modules default to DDR3-1333, whereas the newer G.Skill ones default to DDR3-1600, so that's why it can be unstable. The CPU is not designed to operate full slots of DDR3-1600, but of course we can force it.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X