No announcement yet.

More than 8GB on Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than 8GB on Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe?

I was looking at upgrading to 16GB of RAM, which my P7P55D-E Deluxe apparently supports, but that seems to conflict with their Qualified Vendor List -- in fact, I don't see anything on there that results in getting more than 8GB of RAM. (I currently have 2x F3-17066CL9D-4GBTDs and everything works great, but they appear on the QVL).

I went to G.Skill's site and put in my motherboard model in the Memory Configurator and it lists a ton of way to get to 16GB... My goal would be to run @ 1333 MHz with 16GB of RAM; whether that's just using 2x8GB chips or filling all four, but NONE of these newer ways to get to 16GB appear on Asus QVL for this motherboard and that is a concern...

Anybody running 16GB in a P7P55D-E Deluxe without any stability issues? If so, please let me know which model(s) of RAM, the frequency you're running at, and if you are using and if all four DIMM slots.

Thanks!

Since they haven't updated their BIOS for a year (well, a year this coming Tues, last was 1/17/2011) and haven't updated their QVL for DRAM since June of 2010, I would imagine there are tons of ways to get the amount of DRAM you want. I'd suggest looking at the Snipers (1.5 sets), Ripjaws, or even Ripjaws X sets.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X