Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS P9X79 PRO / CPU cooler ???

Hi
    just checking to see what cpu cooler people are using with this configuration.
    I have an ASUS P9X79 Pro Motherboard and G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (8 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 .
    Was wondering what CPU Fan people recommend. I plan on using all 8 slots of memory and not sure what fan to use..
    Thanks in advanced
    Tony
    "The Blindness of my excitement was overshadowed by the vision of my failure" Tony Politis Jan 2012 but it turns out that
    "The Vision of my Failure was Overshadowed by the Blindness of my Excitement "
    Tony Politis February 2012

Might look at Zalman CNPS12X, GeminII S524 and Thermaltake Frio...also could consider H2O cooling

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Cooler Master Hyper 212, it can do some good cooling and it is not as wide as some of the heavy duty ones, which can affect the memory slots.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Can i use G-SKILL RIPJAWS 1600MHZ 4GBx8 (32gb) on Asus P9X79 Pro and with the XIGMATEK GAIA hsf? Will the hsf come into contact with the RAMS?

Comment

Believe you'll run into an overhang problem, but maybe one of the members has experience with this combo

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
            Believe you'll run into an overhang problem, but maybe one of the members has experience with this combo
            So how about if im using Z series?

Comment

Should work fine, even with the fan over the RAM. Definitely no problem if only fan on the opposite side.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X