Noob Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob Question

I'm getting ready to upgrade my computer but the CPU I want (Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz) I heard it might take 1 to 2 months to get in stock. Sadly that was before the Wife bought the ram for my birthday (G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (8 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9Q2-32GBZL) So my question is, I have the (ASUS Rampage II Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131352
    So is it safe to install the ram until I get the CPU for my motherboard for my new build until I get the new CPU in? Or should I let it collect dust till then and hope all dims are good (6 X 4) 24g's instead of (8 X 4) = 32

Thanks
    Last edited by Warninglabel; 01-12-2012, 11:10 AM.

Yes you can use them in your Rampage, prob have to set them up manually to 9-9-9-24, 2T, and 1.5....You may have to raise the DRAM and/or QPI/VTT voltages for stability since you'll be using all 6 slots. If any problems, get back to us and post your BIOS settings so the sticks can be stabilized

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the reply

I change the setting in the bios and seems to work good with normal use but I get a Hard freeze about a min in BF3 Whats the best way to make bios screen shots?

Comment

Think most jsut use a digital camera, then post to one of the free posting sites and link to it. May want to try raising DRAM voltage + .04 and if that doesn't help the QPI/VTT about the same

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X