• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-17000cl8d

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth P67 Bios Version 1904
    Memory: F3-17000CL8D (4x2GB)
    CPU: Intel i7-2600k

I am currently running at 3.8ghz (reference 3.4ghz) on my cpu. My voltage is set to offset +0.05 (usually runs at 1.264v during memtest and sub 60c.) My DRAM voltage is 1.65 and my timings are 8-9-8-24-2N @ 2133mhz. My VTT/QPI is set to auto (0.925v) After running memtest I am receiving error(s). I was also receiving hardware failure warnings on Prime95 Blend and Large FFT.

I initially was running at 4.4ghz with the same voltage set up and was failing memtest. Thinking it could be due to the OC of my CPU I increased my ram timings to 9-11-10-28-2N. I once again failed memtest. I then removed the OC on my CPU altogether and ran at 8-9-8-24-2N and also failed.

I have not removed any sticks yet. But after running at hilariously slow (in comparison to the advertised timings) speeds and failing memtest I figured there's something more I was missing and/or had bad ram.

First you'll want the latest BIOS 2103, can be found here:

http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Int..._P67/#download

XMP won't work w/ two sets so will want to start w/ one set enable XMP, select profile...that should set up the base timings, OC, etc. Then add the second set, disable XMP, make sure timings remain the same and OC is in place and give it a try

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I flashed to the new bios. Removed a matching set of ram, leaving in the dimmA2 and B2 slots as recommended per the manual. I set the settings to XMP which automatically choose "profile #1" with the proper speed, timings, and voltage. I saved, booted and shut down. I then installed the second set and went back into the bios. I disabled XMP and set it to manual. At this point the ram was set to 1600mhz. I changed it to 2133mhz. I then looked at the dram timings only to find them all set to auto. I manually adjusted these back to 8 9 8 24 and booted. Did I do that properly? It feels like I did not.

Comment

SOunds like it, what is you OC on the CPU and what's your VTT/QPI will need to go up for the extra sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Currently I'm at 4400mhz, my VTT/QPI is the stock 0.925. I ran linx after doing what you asked and failed after some time. I then set the ram to 1600 mhz at 9 9 9 28 2T and passed linx changing nothing else.

Comment

My current plan tonight is to run 2 sticks with the same cpu oc. Running them at 2133 8 9 8 24 2N. Then swap out and see if it's any one pair that's at fault or my system is just unstable.

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

To give a midway update, I ran and passed memtest for 12 hours and 20 passes of linx at max memory, 8 threads on two sticks (4gb) at 4400mhz CPU, XMP 8-9-8-24-2T, 1.65v, VTT/QPI at 0.925 (stock.) I will run linx after posting this and memtest overnight as I use this machine for work and gaming.

In the event that the second pair does not fail, would my next course of action be increasing VTT/QPI as I have all DIMM slots filled?
                Last edited by slivr; 01-12-2012, 04:09 PM.

Comment

That and possibly the DRAM voltage, might start with + .04 on both and if stable then trying lowering one or the other .01 at a time while maintaining stability

Tman

Comment

Increased DRAM to 1.69v and VCCIO (VTT/QPI) to 1.25v. My theory behind the large vtt increase was to run linx and just occam's razor my way through the voltages until it was stable.

However, even at these pretty high voltages, I failed to do 2 passes of linx (I shoot for 20.) Not really sure what else to do. I believe I proved that it wasn't the cpu oc nor any individual set of ram, they just seem to not want to run at those timings when there are 2 pairs.

I'm more than open to additional suggestions, and thank you for all the help.

Comment

May just be that the two sets just don't want to play together, which happens and is why they suggest a single set with full amount of DRAM wanted/needed, will drop GSkill a line and see if they can take a look soonest

Tman

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Did you enable XMP?

VTT should be higher for full slots.

Keep me posted.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                          Do you have the latest BIOS?

Did you enable XMP?

VTT should be higher for full slots.

Keep me posted.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Sorry to keep you waiting, I did not see this post.

I downloaded (and am currently running) on the latest BIOS

I enabled XMP when trying both 2 sticks and 4 sticks resulting in linx fails only with 4 sticks installed.

I increased the VTT to 1.25v when running 4 sticks (up from stock 0.925) and still had the failed linx tests nearly immediately.

Thank you

Comment

Can try the VTT a bit higher, will drop GSkill a line to take another look

Tman

Comment

Try 1.15V, you should work your way up, too high and too low can both cause problems. You can't just guess a voltage and shoot it up.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X