Asus P8P67 Deluxe stuck on code 0xF2, F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P8P67 Deluxe stuck on code 0xF2, F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM

I have Asus P8P67 Deluxe and 2 sets of F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM. My board is getting stuck on F2 error code and DRAM LED is on, indicating problem with the RAM. The MemOK button does not help at all. I've checked AMI BIOS postcodes and F2 indicates (Start reading FAT table and analyze FAT to find the clusters occupied by the recovery file.)

This system has been freshly put together, and now taken out of a case for troubleshooting.
    CPU is i7-2700K
    PSU is Corsair CX430 v1
    VGA is GeForce 6800GT, also tried GeForce GTX 260 and all PCIe slots.

Here's a video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfdgbVkzg8g

It's really weird how the board boots up, it goes up to code 58, then it reboots by itself before getting stuck on F2 code.

any ideas?

Edit: board has 1305 BIOS.
    Last edited by nfm; 01-10-2012, 08:11 PM.

First you'll want the latest BIOS 2103, can be found here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...LUXE/#download

XMP won't work w/ two sets so will want to start w/ one set enable XMP, select profile...that should set up the base timings, OC, etc. Then add the second set, disable XMP, make sure timings remain the same and OC is in place and give it a try

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Wait what, no XMP with 2 sets, since when? If that's true I'm in rage.
      Board is stuck on F2 error code, when I say stuck it mean that I get a blank screen and can't see anything on the screen. This sucks.

Comment

The XMP programming is to the set you buy, the timings are specific to the set, when running 4 sticks vs two sticks some of the advanced times will differ, i.e. 4 sticks takes a higher tRFC than 2 sticks. That's just one of the reasons GSkill always suggest buying the full amount of DRAM wanted in a single set, that way you also get a set that all the sticks have been tested to work together. I normally suggest the same to all my clients unless they are experienced OCers that know DRAM and the timings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X