Mobo Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3
    CPU Phenom II x4 965 BE Oc 3.63GHz, BSCLK 201, mult 18
    GFX Radeon HD4600
    OS Windows 7 Ult 64bit
    HDD Seagate 500GB
    RAM F3-12800CL7D-8GBRH, 2x4GB, 7-8-7-24, 1.6V, 1600
    NB 1.4V
    CPU-NB 1.2v

I have RMAd this mobo two times due to a no POSTing issue. IT will run fine for several days and then on a reboot several things have happened.
    1. Goes into a reboot loop
    2. Startup Repair loop without a fix
    3. Blank screen

Resetting CMOS helps some and then I will get nothing but a blank screen which a CMOS reset does [B]not[B] help. I decided to pull one stick of RAM and voila! it worked again normally.

Memtest has been run for 8 hours, 7 passes with no errors. Tested each module in different slots without errors as well. Having two slot populated doesn't work even though memtest says the RAM is good.

I have also tried booting with no drives, two different drives and a USB stick to no avail when I get the black screen. I have switched GFX cards (GTX460), no help.
    Seems this RAM is somehow defective although it tests good. I also tried to boot to a DVD, including a Windows DVD. All fans and lights work, but no POST.

Ideas welcome, RMA?
    Gary
    Last edited by Britton30; 01-10-2012, 05:14 PM.
    I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

How does it run with a single stick? Do you have any other sticks of DRAM, or could you borrow some to try in the mobo. Could try raising the CPU/NB to 1.25 or so.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

It seems to be fine with the one stick. I have tried CPU NB at 1.25-1.3 and the same issues persist.
      I also have two kits of F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM (4x2GB) which runs fine with all four slots populated.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yes, I have the latest alpha BIOS, F3. There is a beta, F4B which I am hesitant to use being a beta.

Comment

Sounds like you may have a bad stick, could try raising DRAM voltage about + .03 to see what happens, else run Memtest on the stick that seems to be causing problems, could also be a BIOS issue with 4GB sticks, so might try the Beta

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tman, I have run memtest every which way but loose with no errors. See first post. I will try the RAM V boost.

Comment

We'll see if I can get GSkill to chime in today, am thinking RMA or maybe your B3 just can't handle it, normally suggest a C3 version for 1600/8GB, have you considered 1333 at 8-8-8-24, would be near same performance as 1600 native

Tman

Comment

I was thinking about RMA too but since this RAM has passed memtest I don't think its bad., something about it and my board the don't work and play well together. B3, C3, are you referring to the CPU? It is a stepping 3, Revision RB-C3, 125W not the 140W version. I had tried using this RAM with a PhenomII X6 1055T with the same hardware and still had the same issues occur.

Comment

My fault on that, saw the BE in the first post and wasn't thinking right, (been fighting a bad head cold for a few days now), the C3 should be able to handle the sticks, have you tried 1600 at 8-8-8-24? Maybe the native CL7 is too tight for the MC

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                      My fault on that, saw the BE in the first post and wasn't thinking right, (been fighting a bad head cold for a few days now), the C3 should be able to handle the sticks, have you tried 1600 at 8-8-8-24? Maybe the native CL7 is too tight for the MC
                      No I haven't tried that one but I will. At the moment I am at 1333, 8-8-8-24 and so far so good. Thanks for hanging with me on this frustrating issue. :-)

Comment

How's it going, any progress?

Tman

Comment

No progress in getting to 1600 yet. Have tried all suggestions and hit it with a big hammer with no results. It has been recommended to RMA them because they may not be matched perfectly. That is from email, gskilltech, I think.
                          These were a gift to me and I can't produce a receipt for them, will I still be able to RMA them?

Comment

Should be no problem as far as I know, drop a line to rma@gskillusa.com and explain about the gift, they are off weekends, so would prob be Mon-Tues before you get a reply

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tman, I appreciate your help!

Comment

Working...
                              X