Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with RAM Voltages in Asus P6X58d

I purchased ram from Newegg.

F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL. Which isn't exactly made for my board, I ordered the ram without necessarily paying attention. My board supports triple channel ram in terms of 3 DIMMS or 4 DIMMS.

This is the idea I was thinking could work.

The RAM seems to run stable after testings it with memtest and Prime95 + Blend. memtest doesn't show any errors until after the 3rd or 4th time testing. The error was test 7 which can indicate the QPI/DRAM Core Voltage is too high or too low.

Currently XMP has it set at 1.4 QPI and DRAM BUS at 1.5v. I know that this is putting a lot of stress on the CPU. Generally the QPI should be .3v less than the Bus voltage. My motherboard says 1.400 in purple. If I try to set it at 1.25v the computer generally does not like it one bit.

Also, I've noticed the ram timings in CPU-Z show 9-10-9-29 (NOT 28)

However, the command rate should be 2N aka 2T but it shows it as 1T. I'm curious what should the specs really be set at. I thought about RMAing the Rams for new ones but a few people believe that my problem is because I had the extra stick in A2 slot.

Could someone please help.

Computer:
    MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
    Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz Bloomfield 45nm Technology
    16.0 GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 935MHz (9-10-9-29)
    ASUSTeK Computer INC. P6X58D PREMIUM (LGA1366)
    1536MB GeForce GTX 480 (nVidia)
    Creative X-Fi Audio Processor
    Last edited by italianmonti; 01-08-2012, 05:56 PM.

Might start simply with changing the CR to 2T, it's trying to interpret what it needs out of a dual channel set to run on your mobo, may be better off jotting your settings and disable XMP, change the CR and see how that does

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

At this time it is set at 2T.

http://puu.sh/d48a

Comment

Just need a little more help. I just had to remove the 4th stick and run it at 1600. I don't understand why I cannot run this ram stable all the time at 1866 (9-10-9-28) 16gb. Mostly all other versions people have ran in this board, but what do I need to change in clocking or the timing.

I'm using DOCP (not xmp)

BLCK 133
        QPI voltage 1.25
        DRAM BUS 1.5
        frequency 1600.
        12gb

I've tried:
        QPI voltage 1.25/1.4
        DRAM BUS 1.5
        frequency 1866/1600
        16gb

What i've tried has still not been stable, I get blue screens for uncorrectable hardware problems.

I really want to figure out how to run this at 1866 with all the ram. if its absolutely not possible I'd like to know.

Comment

What kind of OC is on the CPU?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Can you be a bit more specific? At the current moment, I have the BLCK set at 133 still. so its default. Therefore, no OC. I do have hyperthreading and turboboost enabled.

I didn't want to mess with the CPU. I just wanted the ram to run stable at the recommended specs. If I need to speed up the CPU to give the RAM the desired effect, that'd be fine.
            Last edited by italianmonti; 01-14-2012, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Try raising the BLCK to 140, which is a slight OC to 3.2

Tman

Comment

Okay, will this help the stability of the RAM at 4 sticks or 3 sticks?

Comment

Should help with both

Tman

Comment

Okay,

Also, should I stick to the DOCP?

At QPI Voltage at 1.25 or the settings from XMP which is QPI V: 1.4

Comment

I'd stick w/ manual settings

Tman

Comment

You need to fine tune (trial and errors test) QPI Voltage to what the CPU needs for four modules.

Other than that, just have the basic DRAM frequency, timings, and voltage manually set.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                        X