Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New AMD build with 16GB 1333, anything to watch for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New AMD build with 16GB 1333, anything to watch for?

Hello,
    I have these new parts - Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3, 975 Phenom II BE, F3-10666CL7Q-16GBXH, and will be putting it together this weekend. Is there anything I should watch for or need to change besides manually entering stock timings and voltage? I'm not planning on any OCing. Do I need to mess with trfc values?

Thanks much,
    Steve

With 4 sticks, you'll probably need to raise both DRAM and CPU/NB voltages...may want to start w/ .05 ea. If any problems give a shout, I'll be in and out through the weekend

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

It should be fine with DRAM Voltage 1.50V, and CPU-NB Voltage 1.15V

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you gentlemen, much appreciated.
        I don't know for sure if I will get it done this weekend now or not, I ended up doing a fresh install of Linux on my laptop today instead. I will reply here when I get it done to let you and others know how it goes.

Thanks
        Steve

Comment

Looking forward to another success story

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well, I'm only two weeks late on getting this done, but I did get it done today and it is running great!

After manually setting voltages and timings to DRAM = 1.5V, 7-7-7-21 2T, CPU-NB VID = 1.15, it booted right up to my existing Ubuntu install. I left everything else auto.

Although I haven't had a chance to really work it hard yet, there is a definite improvement over the old 8gb ddr2@800, 790 board and Phenom II 955 c2.

One last question, should I need to worry about trfc on these or just let it go auto?

Thanks again for your help.

Steve

Comment

Glad to hear all is well, and AUTO for tRFC should be fine

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X