Upgrading my memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading my memory

Hi all, I have decided to upgrade my memory and need some help. I decided I'm going with ripjaws, but I'm alittle confused on if I should get the ripjaws, or the ripjaws X as they are the same price. I'm either going with 4GB (2x2) or 8 GB (2x4) at 1600MHz.

Here are my current specs:

Intel Core i3-550 3.2GHz
    MSI H55M-E23 mATX
    Crucial Technology 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
    EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT AKIMBO
    Corsair CX500W
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Either/or will work fine, the Ripjaws X are the newer model so that might draw a nod in their direction, as to 2x2 or 2x4GB, I'd sugest the 2x4GB as you only have two slots, with the 4GB sets would have to toss or sell them if you decided you need more

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Either/or will work fine, the Ripjaws X are the newer model so that might draw a nod in their direction, as to 2x2 or 2x4GB, I'd sugest the 2x4GB as you only have two slots, with the 4GB sets would have to toss or sell them if you decided you need more
      Thanks for your input. I think I've made up my mind

Comment

Let us know how all goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Just waiting for it to come

Comment

We're waiting too

Tman

Comment

It just arrived today. I'll be installing it tomorrow. Do you recommend running any tests on it or just put them in and enjoy? Thanks

Comment

Should be pop em in and go.......let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X