X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question: settings for 4 2gig sticks - F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK

MOTHERBOARD: GA-MA770T-UD3P (rev. 1.0)
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Black Processor
    RAM: F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK - (2 x 2GB) (soon to be 4 x 2GB)

i built a computer a while ago, and after a bit of trouble found that one of the two sticks i had were bad... so ill be RMAing those shortly... which means a non working pc for a bit, or buying more ram.

i decided i could always use more ram, and bought two more sticks of the same model, figuring ill end up with 8 gb once all is done.

i did however, find a few mentions written by the gskill support team in reply to reviewers on newegg, saying, "When using 4 modules, it is imperative to increase NB Voltage or memory controller voltage. Without manually setting the voltages, the motherboard can supply unstable voltages, and cause memory to go bad after time."

now.. im quite new to changing memory settings, i was nervous setting the two old sticks to the proper settings the first time, and im afraid i dont have a clue as to how im to "increase nb voltage" or "memory controller voltage".

to be honest im not even sure what they are, but if you give me the proper settings for 4 sticks in the system ive posted above, id be most grateful, and im sure i could figure it out from there.

thank you very much!

Yes when using four sticks, it's often required to raise voltages, normally it will be the DRAM and/or the CPU/NB voltage. With two sticks you normally only need to set the DRAM vltage (if at all, many mobos will default to the 1.5 voltage. With 4, if it doesn't want to boot to the OS, go into the BIOS and raise DRAM voltage to 1.55 and try. If still problems go to BIOS and raise CPU/NB (also at times called CPU/NB VDD or similar) voltage + .05 from it's current setting. Any problems give a shout

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thank you for the quick reply, ill be sure to do as you advise, and will report back with any problems after i receive the RMAed ram and have 4 sticks going.

thank you!

Comment

No problem, let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X