Pushing the Rampage 2 extreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pushing the Rampage 2 extreme

Greetings all! Just jumped ship from corsair and I'm very impressed so far. However, I have a few questions regarding my motherboard and its potential. And about the voltage of my memory.

Model of the motherboard: Rampage 2 extreme BIOS: latest 2101 (BCLK at 200)
    Model of the memory: F3-17000CL11Q2-32GBZL PC3-17000 DDR3-2133 CL11-11-11-30
    Model of the CPU: Intel 980X (POWEEEEEEEEEER)

(CPU, northbridge, and cards are watercooled)

1. When pushing the Memory at 2004 the voltage jumps to 1.98-2.0! Is this normal?

2. when i manually punch in the timings it wont post at all so I leave them at auto.

3. I'm pushing my BCLK at 200 and memory at either 1600 or 2004. CPU at 2400 at x21. stock voltage. Can I push harder? What must be done to get that big 400?

I appreciate the looking over.

I'd try manually lowering the DRAM voltage, raising the QPI/VTT (MC (memory controller)) voltage might enable you to lower the DRAM voltage some. Might want to post your BIOS settings, I haven't had a chance to try running R/Z sticks in a 1366 mobo yet. GSkill might know more on running these w/ 1366

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X