Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low latency 2000mhz+ ram where has it gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low latency 2000mhz+ ram where has it gone?

What happened to all the low latency memory like F3-16000CL6D-4GBPIS, F3-17000CL8D-4GBXMD and F3-17000CL7D-4GBXHD? The best I can find in 2133mhz is 9-11-10-28 in 2gb sticks.

Is there less demand or is for compatability? Its not just gskill as other manufacturers also seem to be loosening their timings, will things get better when ivy bridge is released?

Might take a look at the Egg, F3-17600CL7D-4GBXHD 2200 2x2GB CL7 $140, F3-17000CL7D-4GBXHD 2133 2x2GB CL7 $140, F3-17000CL8D-4GBXMD 2133 2x2GB CL8 $110......

There's a few out there, but the chips that will run at those freqs are hard to come by, and the ones they have are prob in line for productions but right now am guessing all the manufacturers have the production lines geared up for 8GB DIMMS and getting together quad channel kits for the X79 chipset, don't think any of them expected the rush towards 32 and 64GB sets, let alone the 2x8GB demand....sad part is the 8GB sticks run at a higher latency and it takes a fair amount of time to reset the production lines, especially to run a relatively small production of higher end sticks. Am hoping S&D will balance soon and more high end sticks will start rolling more
    Last edited by Tradesman; 01-02-2012, 09:57 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sorry I should have mentioned I live in Australia and newegg has no desire to sell to Australia, all the local sellers have told me that those modules have been discontinued.

Comment

Another approach then, here's a page w/ resellers Down Under:

http://www.gskill.com/reseller.php?c1=3&c2=27

might also drop an email to Sales@gskill.com

Of the resellers, not sure how they would react, but might ask if they can special order a particular set

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

They have gone to people's homes and mostly to that of extreme overclockers.

These types of chips are very limited, so when you see them available at places like NewEgg, you should contact your local distributor immediately and tell them you want this kit. You can make a deposit to show that you are a serious buyer. These chips are hard to get in the USA, so I can imagine how difficult it would be for you. Distributors don't want to import these items because they are specialty items, so they are afraid they are difficult to sell and other reasons.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X