Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SNIPER] F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR 2 sets (4x4GB=16GB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well the 8-8-8-24 was ok surfing the web playing music.

How ever started up BF3 played a few missions (single player) then hit a game freeze.

Had to use reset to gain control of the PC win key did nothing, esc , alt+f4.

I put the setting back to 9-10-9-28 seems happy here.

So looks like 1600 and 9-10-9-28 is were the pc wants to be back were I started. LOL

Have not had a hickup at this setting yet.

Oh and GSkill send Tradesman a check! he is doing a great job!

Or at least some nice sticks of RAM.

sHOOT

Comment

Helpfull

This information has saved the last few strands of well embedded hair I have left. While I agree it stinks that AMD has seemed to pull a fast one, I am quite pleased with the results. I might add that this forum and the support is every bit as great as the product itself.

Comment

Thanks, glad to hear all is running well, do you use a backhoe or what, MI is too cold to be working outside doing that stuff, I grew up in IN and used to visit up there every once and a while.....at least it isn't the U.P., had the misfortune of a couple visits to K.I.Sawyer years ago

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

@talleldo

Glade you can keep some of that hair.

As far as the product Memory I had no BSOD for a RAM issues at all.

With the testing the issue lies in MOBO and bulldozer no boot to OS occurs.
          And well you can put 1866 ram into the motherboard if you try to use 4 sticks
          16GB or I bet 32GB it will only run at 1600 speed.

Later on maybe this weekend I will try 2 sticks (4GB x 2= 8GB) at 1866 speed
          and see if the issue still occurs.

I will try duel channel and single channel.

And one stick if I have to.

@Tradesman

I would never get through the frost line without a backhoe it's not to cold this year yet.

The frost line is only about 6in deep so far. last year it was 12in to 24in deep!
          If it snows it helps the frost line will not be as deep.

It takes about 30 min. to dig a hole. last year about 2 hours some times longer.

sHOOT

Comment

Very Cool! (haha), I'm from Indiana, and was stationed in Vegas a few years, visited AZ, and when I left the AF, settled in AZ, no wish at all to head back up to IN, MI,IL area whatsoever, to cold or to humid. Keep us updated on how the rig goes.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

i may be able to help!

Originally posted by sHOOT-mE-damIT View Post
              Hi,

Issues: < help please
              Memory DDR3 [SNIPER] F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR 2 sets (4x4GB=16GB) All memory tests pass fine.

16GB support for 1866 memory if I manually set the times volts and select 1866 ram a
              no boot to OS issue occurs.

Note: I do not want to over clock cpu to crazy settings or memory just hit the spec.
              1866 with 16GB of my memory.

If I have to up anything to do this what bios settings do I need? Lost here.

I am totally lost about how to set this part up. (In the words of the young NOOB!)

PC runs fine at 1600 (default) with 16GB no issues at all.

I Need help here please.

The bios has a profile 1 for 1866 settings how ever if I set this profile to load.
              no boot to OS occurs.

I can set the 1866 times manually with the 1600 frequency and the PC runs fine.

How ever if I set the frequency DDR 1866 to load.
              no boot to OS occurs.

I think that covers my issues.

All my parts are new PC been running for a 2 weeks.

PC specs

(sorry just happy about the build)

AsRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional (Bios 1.50) (latest drivers)

Memory DDR3 [SNIPER] F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR 2 sets (4x4GB=16GB) G.Skill

AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.6GHz Socket AM3+

Antec KUHLER H2O 920 Liquid Cooling System

Western Digital Caviar Black WD2002FAEX 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s AHCI enabled (SSD next X-mas)

PowerColor PCS+ AX6970 2GBD5-PP2DHG Radeon HD 6970 Call of Duty Edition
              2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express (12.1 driver preview)

LITE-ON DVD Burner / LITE-ON DVD (firmware updated)

AZZA Solano 1000 Black/Black Japanese SECC Steel/Metal mesh in front
              ATX Full Tower Computer Case

BFG Tech EX-1200 BFGR1200WEXPSU 1200W

steelseries Shift Gaming Keyboard 64105 Black USB Wired Gaming Keyboard (latest drivers)

Logitech M570 Black 1 x Wheel USB RF Wireless Laser Trackball (latest drivers)

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit (All updates Installed)

@ shootme

ok i got the same setup! to get the ram at 1866 and run stable you will need the cpu bus at either 233 for your ram to be 1864 which they call it 1866 but i get better and more stable results when i run the cpu bus @ 280 and when you do this your gonna have to manually set the cpu nb frequency cus for some reason this motherboard puts it at a lower setting when overclocking the cpu bus. anyways with the buss @ 280 and your cpu multiplier where you want it to be clocked which i am at 4.0 Ghz and i run it at 4.2 sometimes but i need better liquid cooling before i can do that. you may have to increase the nb voltage. i go put it at 1.250 or 1.260 when the ram is @1866 now how your ram has options to set it to 800/1066/1333/1600 ok now when your cpu bus is @280 then you need your settings on the 1333 mark and it will read exactly 1866! and put it on profile 1 in bios and you wont need to mess with timings as they will set themselves to the correct timings. if its unstable just keep upping the nb voltage alittle at a time and if it gets more unstable then go back to the lowest most stable nb voltage and then up your ram voltage from 1.50v to 1.55 and maybe even to 1.6 if needed but i dont think you will need to go higher then 1.55 with your nb voltage up at the right spot.i put my nb frequency at 3000 and my HT @3000. i have liquid cooling and mine runs idle about 36c and under 100% load it goes to about 65c.now make sure your load calibration is disabled and your cool and quiet also disable the turbo mode too. make sure your in ahci mode. other then that if you have any questions ask. sometimes you can tell if you got too much voltage by how fast the temps rise and how hot it gets depending on the cpu clocks. if you keep your clock the same thru all this then its easier to go by the temps and how fast they rise. Solo

Comment

Well sorry for the slow post.

Little trouble at work. One of the guys broke a backho been trying to fix it.
                (I think Tradesman had something to do with this but I can't prove it.) LOL JK

Anyway I tried 2x4GB at 1866 speed and pc booted right up.
                No issues with it at all.

How ever I want all my memory so I put back the other set.

@SoloStyle

I did try the overclock of the CPU @4.0 Ghz There should have been no issue
                running ram at this spec. at this CPU setting.

CPU/NB Freq. 2800

Cpu/NB Volts. 1.2875 close as I could get setting should have been 1.2825
                (+.12 CPU/NB Voltage)

Dram Volts 1.600

Set dram to DDR 1866

I relaxed times to
                11-11-11-30

How ever no boot to OS Occurs. (The PC stays running just no boot to OS Occurs)

The issues I am having is because of bulldozers short commings. It does not support
                4 sticks of ram 1866 speeds with out a overclock. AMD has a history of not playing nice with 4 sticks of ram.

The PC becomes very unstable even when we dial into the spec. even with the overclock.
                Does not play nice in games at all. I test with games because games stress a CPU far more than any bench mark will.

Even if we do manage to get 1866 speed with the overclock you will not be able to play games the bulldozer CPU will over heat and crash your games and the PC.

Conclusion is to run at DDR 1600 speeds and set timings to 1866 spec. (9-10-9-28) I can play BF3 at max settings no issues at all.

I wish this was not true how ever in my case so far this was the only settings that made the PC stable I can play games run web pages play music all at the same time now.

My temps dont go above 50c* at load.

I will try again when Microsoft releases the bulldozer fix it may change things.

sHOOT

Comment

Have to admit it, I put out a long distance curse on backhoes, was hoping if you had to work on it, it would at least be inside.....see, GSkill looks out for you, figure you could research the needed repairs on the net in a nice warm area.

Tman

Comment

[SNIPER] F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR 2 sets (4x4GB=16GB)

Originally posted by sHOOT-mE-damIT View Post
                    Well sorry for the slow post.

Little trouble at work. One of the guys broke a backho been trying to fix it.
                    (I think Tradesman had something to do with this but I can't prove it.) LOL JK

Anyway I tried 2x4GB at 1866 speed and pc booted right up.
                    No issues with it at all.

How ever I want all my memory so I put back the other set.

@SoloStyle

I did try the overclock of the CPU @4.0 Ghz There should have been no issue
                    running ram at this spec. at this CPU setting.

CPU/NB Freq. 2800

Cpu/NB Volts. 1.2875 close as I could get setting should have been 1.2825
                    (+.12 CPU/NB Voltage)

Dram Volts 1.600

Set dram to DDR 1866

I relaxed times to
                    11-11-11-30

How ever no boot to OS Occurs. (The PC stays running just no boot to OS Occurs)

The issues I am having is because of bulldozers short commings. It does not support
                    4 sticks of ram 1866 speeds with out a overclock. AMD has a history of not playing nice with 4 sticks of ram.

The PC becomes very unstable even when we dial into the spec. even with the overclock.
                    Does not play nice in games at all. I test with games because games stress a CPU far more than any bench mark will.

Even if we do manage to get 1866 speed with the overclock you will not be able to play games the bulldozer CPU will over heat and crash your games and the PC.

Conclusion is to run at DDR 1600 speeds and set timings to 1866 spec. (9-10-9-28) I can play BF3 at max settings no issues at all.

I wish this was not true how ever in my case so far this was the only settings that made the PC stable I can play games run web pages play music all at the same time now.

My temps dont go above 50c* at load.

I will try again when Microsoft releases the bulldozer fix it may change things.

sHOOT

man that has gotta suck! i get so dam irritated at my pc sometimes too. you know the hole 2 stick thing? i tryed that too. i got the asrock fatality 990fx professional and when i was using all 4 sticks i almost thought my 3rd dimm slot was bad for awhile cus mine did the same thing when i tested all 4 and then just 2. keep testing and keep your settings that u had when you were working with the 2 slots with 2 sticks. i got errrors and errors and errors with all 4 slots filled. but 2 slots was fine and i tested all them individually with those settings and with those settings i got errors only when the ram was in the 3rd slot of this board. you should do me a favor and test that theory for me. i wanna know if its just this asrock fatality 990fx pro brand mother board or if i got a bad dimm slot.if you get no errors with 2 sticks and then go to 3 sticks but make sure they are in all slots but the 3rd one and then see if you get any errors. and then if no errors try put that last stick in slot 3 and then see if you get errors! I BET YOU DO! that will meen its either this gskill sniper 1866 ram with that motherboard is incompatible... orrr. this exact motherboard that you and i have could have problems with 16 gb ram even know it says it will hold up to 32 gb. if it wont run with 16 how we gonna run it with 32??? lol anyways its either something to do with the motherboard or just amd failing!!! im hoping to hear you dont get the error on the third slot so i know then it is just MY motherboard is defective. but the way it sounds it looks like you may be getting the same issue here i had when i first got this mobo. even know i got mine stable according to prime95 i still didnt feel it was good for my rig the way it was all clocked and running. ran good but sometimes my game would crash and say it has stopped working and i dontknow if it was my game or my os or maybe programs colliding so i just put it all back to stock and set my ahci mode and then hit the x to turn on the turbo mode and i been running it like that and so far seems very stable and fast but my ram only runs at like 7 7 7 19 26 with speeds of 1147ish instead of 1600 or 1866. it seems very much faster when my timings are nice and low to the 6 or 7cl and low speeds of 1066 or 1333 and it seems very much more like an intel pc lol. BY THE WAY IM AN INTEL GUY ALL THE WAY!!! i like amd cus good bang for the buck but if i had the money id just go with the intel next. most computers that i build are intell but i do build amd builds and this is my 3rd high end gaming amd machine so may sell and go to intel again. i never had problems with ram in the intel builds. ONLY AMD when it comes to all four ram slots and 16 gb or more have issues! if you want people to die faster in your games just lower your CL to like 6 or 7 and 1T with it at like 1066 or something around there. anything higher is gonna wanna run in the 2T so i found the most performance in keeping my ram runnin comfy! and 6 CL is very comfy for 1066! i hope you can help me to figure out my 3rd slot issue i just would HATE to send this back for a new board! good luck!!! Solo

Comment

On the slot, might try a can of compressed air, blow it out, clean the connectors ofn the stick and try again.

Tman

Comment

@Tradesman

LOL no such luck. None heated garage. THANKS ALOT!......

@SoloStyle

I want to make sure you have done the same things I have done.
                        Make sure you have the latest bios. 1.50. use a usb flash drive.

After you flash the bios to 1.50 you must boot to windows first before you touch any settings in the bios.

DO NOT power off the pc!

Boot into windows 2 times at least before you adjust bios settings.
                        (That is a clean install of the bios)

now reboot the PC. Now you can enter the bios to make changes. Any changes to your issues?

NOTE: I had to flash my bios 2 times with 1.50 before things started working right.
                        I do not know why this was in my case but none the less its what happins.

The motherboard manual states for ram to run in dual channel mode.

populate

A1 + B1 or

A2 + B2 or

A1 + A2 + B1 + B2

Any other config will be single channel mode.

So if you populate

A1 + A2 + B1 or

A1 + A2 + B2 or

A2 + B1 + B2

Single channel mode.

Even though AMD says they support this there cpu's have never been happy with single channel modes. The ram starts to disply errors like your suggesting with this config.
                        It does not matter what brand the sticks are at this config.
                        single channel mode runs like poo.

Now if you look at the QVL (Memory Support List) for ram for our motherboard you will see that support for 4 sticks does not show up till 1600 speeds and below.

Any thing above 1600 speed is 2 sticks.

And 0 support of 3 sticks on the whole list???? Hmmm wonder why?

And most likly 1 stick will only be supported in slots.

A1 or

B2

A2 may work but I bet it will toss errors.

And well as you know B1 tosses errors.

My guess would be that every time you set up single channel config.
                        You get tons of errors.

I have seen your post on newegg and I think some where else.

And well I would RMA with newegg before your time runs out. It may take a while if you have to use Asrocks RMA.

If you think the mother board has a issue RMA it newegg is fast. Make sure you give them back the parts though it can stall your RMA if you don't.

I hope that helps you sort things out.

sHOOT

Comment

No heated garage in Michigan!!! They should be shot! Got a buddy out that way that has a Barrett M82,,,says it's just like Ma Bell, can reach out and touch somebody!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                          X