Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RipjawsX F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL + AMD FX 6100 processor

Hello Everybody?

I bought all of my computer parts about 1 week ago, but havent been able to even use it =(

When i turn on my pc, everything starts working fine (i say fine because all of the fans start spinning) but get no video display =(

I know that most simple answer could be "your gpu is dead", but i want to make sure my ram dimms are fully compatible before returning my GPU

I just wanted to ask if the F3-17000CL11D-8GBX are compatible with an AMD FX 6100 processor, because as far as i read, my dimm modules are designed to work with Intel procesors, but im not sure if they are specifically designed for intel or if they can also work on amd.

My pc configuration is:

Memory: F3-17000CL11D-8GBX (2x4GB 2133)
    Mobo: Asus M5A97 EVO with AM3+ support
    Core: FX-6100 (FD6100WMW6KGU),3.3GHz,6C,95W,rev.B2G,AM3+
    GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6850 PCIE Video Card (100315L)
    Power: Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 700-Watt Power Supply (RS700-PCAAE3-US)

My Mobo has a little LED that should blink in case the Memory dimms are damaged or not properly installed, but it is not blinking at all so it should mean that the memory dimms are fine.

Do you think my FX Core is non-compatible with the RipJawsX ? or you think is the video gpu? Thanks in advanced.

Btw: i cannot even get to the Bios, theres NO DISPLAY, so cant do any change bios related
    Btw2: Yes, mi monitor is fine, i actually tried 2 of them and get no display from the PC

I just read my zambezi AMD processor supports 1866MHz of memory. Does that mean that my F3-17000CL11D-8GBX are useless? or the processor/motherboard slowsdown the memory frecuency to match the cpu level?

Comment

AMD claims that the 4100, 6100, 8120 and 8150 support "up to 1866" DRAM, and then seem to drop it there. By that I mean of the systems I worked with, the 8150 was the only CPU that would run 16GB of 1866, and even with only two DIMMS would barely run 2000 DRAM, by that I mean extra voltage and gets hot. The others would run 1866 but basically only 1 DIMM per channel. I've e-mailed them but basically been given a run around - "Talk to the motherboard manufacturer"

Comment

Yeyyyy?

I already fixed it!
        It didnt have anything to do with the ram, video, mother or the processor, it was the EATX12V connector of the power supply the one that was not plugged it properly... so stupid XD
        About the zambezi, my motherboard supports 2133ghz with overclock, but the zambezi is limited to 1600ghz, i tried increasing it to 1866 but the system didnt boot up. So i will stay with 1600, im not losing a lot compared to my previous 600ghz ddr of my old computer XD.

Thanks for the reply !!!
        Have a nice year !

Comment

Just in case anyone else wonders: It doesnt matter if you have the Ripjaws Flare or X version... Mine are the X (designed to work under Intel cores) and they are working perfectly with my AMD FX 6100 Core

Comment

Glad to hear it, have a Good New Year!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by xXxOlivierxXx View Post
              Just in case anyone else wonders: It doesnt matter if you have the Ripjaws Flare or X version... Mine are the X (designed to work under Intel cores) and they are working perfectly with my AMD FX 6100 Core
              As new member of the Gskill forums,I have found my answer in less than 60 seconds useing the forums search function.Thanks,I was a little worried about useing the Amd FX 6100 CPU with the Gskill Ripjaws X 1333.Once again thanks for the information.

Sent from iPod

Comment

Glad to hear it, let us know how you like them

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Xander82 View Post
                  As new member of the Gskill forums,I have found my answer in less than 60 seconds useing the forums search function.Thanks,I was a little worried about useing the Amd FX 6100 CPU with the Gskill Ripjaws X 1333.Once again thanks for the information.

Sent from iPod
                  I knew it was going to be helpful for someone else
                  Enjoy them, mine are still working perfect?

Comment

One success story leads to another........

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X