Bad Ram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Ram?

Happy New Year Everyone. First time poster.
    I bought this 8gb kit G.Skill F3 2800CL9D-8GBXL and when I run MemTest on a single stick it passed but when I install both and run the test it fails immediately-"MemTest has detected that your computer cannot accurately store data in RAM." Along with a bunch of other crazy numbers. All settings in the BIOS is set to specs with the exception to the volts 1.58v./9-9-9-25.tRfc 127 and 2T command rate.Sub timings are,tRRD 5, tWTR 6, tWR 12, tRFC 127, tRTP 6.and TRD 8.MCH 1.24. Mobo is a GA-EP45T-USB3P/Q8400 3.2ghz. I have run ram at this speed with other vendors only with 4x2gbs(8gbs all slots populated) and I purchase this thinking I would get a better overclock with 2 sticks instead of 4. I am running mem ratio of 1:2.T have tried searching this forum and the only solution was to rma both sticks.I would like to avoid that if possible. I have passed Prim all day long with no failures and even run Flight Sim with no crashes. So I am at a loss. Can you please advise on what I should do to help get this stable.

Memtest doesn't really work w/ multiple sticks, always best to test each stick by itself so you can identify id ONE is bad

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

If you read my post sir, that's exactly what I did before posting. Single stick will past MemTest not both.

Comment

Memtest is not made to run on multiple sticks so getting errors when trying to run multiple sticks is not uncommon, as stated. It doesn't mean there's a problem with the DRAM. I don't see any other problem shown other than you mentioning you thought you'd get a better OC...with no explanation of what it is you want or are trying to do. If it's running PRIME and run FS with no problems, not sure what your after

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I'm not "after" anything .I just want to make sure this ram is good. I have run memtest with other ram with 4 sticks and had no errors what so ever.So your idea about memtest not able/made to run multiple sticks seems to be flawed. I don't care for data corruption,It can be quite the quagmire.Any other suggestions?

Comment

I never said you will get errors every time you run on multiple sticks. The test is designed to to test each stick at stock settings, testing with multiple sticks can easily be affected by improper setup of the system, with more than one stick, there may well be adjustments needed i.e. tRFC typically has to go up and be correct as the number of sticks increase, voltage to the MC (memory controller) may have to up to use multiples, DRAM voltage itself may need to be higher than the mobo sets it to, all of these possibles and many more can affect the results of tests and show errors when there is nothing wrong with the sticks, but with the setup the user is using. By testing individually you are doing your best to ensure the sticks themselves are good and can proceed to troubleshoot other problems. In large part it's simply logic, if the user has a setting wrong for multiple sticks, you will prob see errors, even if the sticks themselves are all perfectly fine. Have run into this time after time.

Tman

Comment

So you're saying that both sticks are ok if they past memtest 1 at a time and past prime or run the flight sim without crashing.I should be good to go with the settings I have posted in the first post....I just want to be sure is all.

Happy New Year!

Comment

IF it was one of my builds, I'd pass it along to the client without any qualms, I don't use FS as a testing tool, but it does exercise the CPU and DRAM pretty well, Prime definitely does, and I use a few passes of Memtest on every stick that goes into a build though it does come in handy to have a few systems around and can put sticks in multiple boxes and test 4 or more at a time in the different boxes (like you I hate having to wait while it runs)

Tman

Comment

Ok then thanks Tman I will be building another box very soon and I will test these sticks to be sure. I ran prime last night and had no errors.What is the warranty on these sticks..... just in case.

Again thanks for your support...Happy New Year!...

Comment

Warranty last longer than you will - Lifetime

Tman

Comment

LOL

happy new year

Comment

And to you, glad to see you back at it, have fun with all the email and phone calls??? hehe! Sorry, I've had the same since before Xmas

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X