ga-880gma-ud2h +f3-10666cl9d = no bueno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ga-880gma-ud2h +f3-10666cl9d = no bueno

I have been running a pair of 4 gigs f3-10666 at 1333 for nearly a year without problem, then i added 2 more dimms so i could max my mobo's capacity for 16 gigs of gaming glory only to have my happiness marred by the gamer's nemesis BSOD. it bsod's at random intervals, sometimes i can game for 3 hours sometimes it BSODs when i websurf... i'm not sure of the cause.

windows mem test detects no problems with the ram, my WEI is 7.5,

my bios is set with the 9-9-9-24 that i figured was standard though i read 8-8-8-24 is acceptable as well, i might try that, voltage remains at 1.5v,

I haven't overclocked anything, I'm not opposed to doing so if it'll cure my BSOD problem.

graphics card driver is current, running win7 home spk 1, bios is current

cpu 1090T AMD 3.2ghz hex core phenom II
    mobo ga-880gma-ud2h
    RAM f3-10666cl9d 16 gigs at 1333
    psu greenpower 950 watt
    gpu xfx radeon 5770
    optic drive LG blu ray
    azio bluetooth usb
    rosewill N pci card,
    case lanbox lite by thermaltake,

the only other thing that may be noteworthy is my hsf for my 1090t is a massive coolermaster geminII which is very close to the first dimm of ram. now its just the hs that may be touching the ram's heat spreader but i wasn't sure if that would be a problem or not.

I'd love to hear anything you can tell me.

With two sets, try adding +.05 to the DRAM voltage and +.06 to the CPU/NB, if further problems let us know the exact model(s) of the sets (i.e. the last digits in the model number, after the 'cl9d' should be something like '-8GBRL'

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

still no bueno

My bios allows me to increase my ram voltage from 1.5 directly to 1.6 with no increments in between so i did that.

then there are two seetings which apparently control north bridge voltage, there's one that says nb voltage which i increased by .06 and another which says voltage for nb/pcie/cpu, i increased that one by .06, i set both of these 2 settings in turn and still got BSOD. At the moment i'm trying them together, if it BSODs again what do you suggest?

f3-10666CL9D-8GBRL

Comment

sorry that second setting was NB/PCIE/PLL, theres another setting that says nb vid control but i didn't touch that one, i wasn't sure if it was related.

Comment

Want to leave the NB/PCIE/PLL alone, check that you have the latest BIOS, and if you could provide the exact set(s) you are using would help

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

You asked for the exact set, I'm running 2 sets of f3-10666CL9D-8GBRL, I included that in the previours post, was that not what you were looking for? one i purchased in jan when i built the machine, the other this month. @Bios says my version is the latest, confirmed against gigabyte's website (ignoring the beta bios).

thanks for your help tradesman.

Comment

DRAM should be OK then on voltage, may want to raise the NB up in small increments, really shouldn't need a whole lot more @ 1333

Tman

Comment

i dialed up the north bridge by another .02 and its been pretty stable, since making the change right after your last post i have only had 1 BSOD just now, how far can i dial up the voltage before i have to worry about my cpu?

Comment

It'll vary w/ the mobo/combo try another + .02 and see how that goes

Tman

Comment

tried another .02 it brought me up to 1.3 wchich was red and the last option, after that i ran for quite some time but lately i've had more BSODs so i dialed it back down out of the redzone.

what now?

Comment

I'll drop a note to GSkill to take a look, will prob be Mon or Tues, could take DRAM up another .05

Tman

Comment

I'll give the ram voltage a try, thanks.

Comment

Let us know if it helps

Tman

Comment

Send them in for RMA, you may have two kits that can not work well together in the same computer.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

thanks Tradesman I'm working on the RMA now, i don't see where i apply for a number though, i've got the form but its no good until it has a number, but there's no link to apply for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X