ASUS P5QC - Compatible DDR3 Ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS P5QC - Compatible DDR3 Ram

I Wanna upgrade my Ram to DDR 3 - 1333 MHZ CL7.. (8GB)

Which G-Skill RaMs are compatible with my system.
    Also, is "F3-10666CL7D-8GBXH" compatible with "ASUS P5QC" ?...

My current system properties ;

Processor : QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200, 2333 MHz
    Mainboard : Asus P5QC
    Chipset: Intel Eaglelake P45
    RAM : Kingston 4096 MB 1x4 (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)
    Graphics : ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (512 MB)

Yes, it's compatible, will want to be sure you have a 64 bit OS (just mentioned because I didn't see it up top), then make sure you have the latest BIOS, 2103, can be found here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...P5QC/#download

let us know if any problems, and before hand, may need to raise the NB voltage for the 8GB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes, I've windows 7 (x64)...

However, how can i raise the NB voltage,
      could you give detailed info about that please ?

Comment

Don't do it unless you need to, but it's in the BIOS with other voltage settings, if needed, raise it +.02 from the current setting, and then, only if needed raise it again + .02

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I plugged my new G-skill 1333 mhz 8 gb (F3-10666CL7D-8GBXH)
          But after passing BİOS succesfully, before windows started, pc got frozen.

I think ı need proffessional help for bios settings , some voltage settings may need change..

I need some certain values for bios in order to get windows started..
          If more than 1 minute passed during bios settings, pc got frozen again...

Comment

Can you post the BIOS settings

Tman

Comment

Can't even access to the Bios

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
              Yes, it's compatible, will want to be sure you have a 64 bit OS (just mentioned because I didn't see it up top), then make sure you have the latest BIOS, 2103, can be found here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...P5QC/#download

let us know if any problems, and before hand, may need to raise the NB voltage for the 8GB
              Hello, because of this thread, i just buy this memory for my Asus P5QC, but...

Wherever i put the ram, it does me the same thing. It get's up, and stay frozen with the green led on, on the MB. It doesnt let me go on bios and nothing, and the screen didnt go on.

I've tryed everything. Reset bios, trying every slot (3 and/or 6), trying both slots, unplugg de power of the motherboard with the bios battery out and the reset bios on and waiting 5 min then putt it back, and nothing. I have 2x4 GB G. Skill Ripjaws X F3-10666CL7D-8GBXH.

Actually, i run my PC with my old 2X2Go DDR2 G.Skill.
              I've check my bios, it's the lastest bios release (2103).

Are you sure it works fine with this series ?
              Do i have to change manually ram settings on the bios when starting on DDR2 to fit with DDR3, then save and exit and stop, then change the memory and try to boot ?
              Or juste, get back to the shop and buy something else ?
              Thanks for helping.

Comment

It can be difficult to find compatible DDR3 modules because they have changed so much since the motherboard was released.

I suggest getting some 4GB DDR2 modules and that should work best.

F2-6400CL5D-8GBPQ

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                X