X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Target DRAM frequency

Hi.

I bought
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL

Shouldn't the Target DRAM frequency be 1866? Instead its 1066.

Thanks
    Last edited by stewie; 12-24-2011, 08:13 AM.

Yes the sticks are 1866, not sure where you are seeing 10066, but as a guess, I'd say it's 10660 or 10666, and you are seeing that in the Max Bandwidth section of CPU-z on the SPD page. If so, not to worry, that is actually the default boot speed of the sticks off the SPD programmed into them, most mobos default to a boot speed of 1066 or 1333 (which is identified at 10660 or 10666), some mobos are moving up to 1600 sticks as a default (12800).

If this is not the case let us know along with the models of your Mobo and CPU. If it's an Intel system, can simply enable XMP in the BIOS and select the 1866 profile, else if AMD will have to be set up manually

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Yes the sticks are 1866, not sure where you are seeing 10066, but as a guess, I'd say it's 10660 or 10666, and you are seeing that in the Max Bandwidth section of CPU-z on the SPD page. If so, not to worry, that is actually the default boot speed of the sticks off the SPD programmed into them, most mobos default to a boot speed of 1066 or 1333 (which is identified at 10660 or 10666), some mobos are moving up to 1600 sticks as a default (12800).

If this is not the case let us know along with the models of your Mobo and CPU. If it's an Intel system, can simply enable XMP in the BIOS and select the 1866 profile, else if AMD will have to be set up manually
      My bad.....i meant 1066

Comment

Have you run CPU-Z, it's a free download, run that and see what it shows in the Memory tab, that will be what you are currently running, if not at 1866 then I'll need to know what model mobo and CPU you have.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Have you run CPU-Z, it's a free download, run that and see what it shows in the Memory tab, that will be what you are currently running, if not at 1866 then I'll need to know what model mobo and CPU you have.
          DRAM Frequency: 534.5 MHZ

Comment

What motherboard and what CPU are you using?
            Last edited by Tradesman; 12-24-2011, 09:25 AM.

Tman

Comment

What otherboard and what CPU are you using?
              Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601950
              ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Comment

Go into BIOS, enable XMP and select the 1866 profile, should set you up

Tman

Comment

Go into BIOS, enable XMP and select the 1866 profile, should set you up

still the same

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS 1304? Can be gotten here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int..._X58/#download

Tman

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS 1304? Can be gotten here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int..._X58/#download
                      Yes.

Thanks, I got it

Comment

Did that straighten out the issue?

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by tradesman View Post
                          did that straighten out the issue?
                          yes

Comment

Glad to hear it, Santa is a happy camper

Tman

Comment

Working...
                            X