F3-12800cl10q2-64gbzl_dx79si_i7-3930k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800cl10q2-64gbzl_dx79si_i7-3930k

Just received the parts to upgrade an old DFI X48 T2R/Q6700/Gskill 2GBx4 DDR2 system thats performed flawlessly @ 375 x 10 / 1.401v for over 3 years.

Read all the reports, white papers, reviews, etc. for the new socket 2011 and never could get a clear picture on compatibility, but took a chance and ordered an Intel DX79SI, I7-3930K & 64GB of GSkill (F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL). Asked a lot of questions on different forums and never got an answer until today on an Intel forum. They referred me to a 3930K/3960X white paper that says processer is only good for 4GB modules and only at ddr3-10600. That CAN'T be right. I just figured that everybody hadn't gotten around to testing every MB/Mem config possible. I won't get around to putting it together until saturday, but this old man is going to be real dissapointed if it doesn't work.

Anybody put 64GB on a 3930K yet, successfully ??!!

Yes, but not Intel motherboard. Just get a ASUS or Gigabyte, even better, one on our qualified motherboards list.

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme [X.M.P Manual]
    ASUS SABERTOOTH X79
    ASUS P9X79 DELUXE
    ASUS P9X79 Pro
    ASUS P9X79 WS
    ASUS P9X79
    MSI X79A-GD65 (8D)
    MSI X79A-GD45 (8D)
    ASRock X79 Extreme 9
    Gigabyte GA-X79-UD5

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Get to ask my dumb question. The memory controller is in the 3930K. So if a 3930K works in other m/b's w/ 64gb's, why not this one ?

Has it been tested ?

Comment

Intel isn't a fan of OCing with their hardware, so often the BIOS isn't as extensive as far as covering available hardware like DRAM in very high freq's and quantities, I've worked with a number of their mobos of different sockets and have yet to find one that I'd want to base a build on, just my personal thoughts

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

it works

It works-

Build and screenshots here-

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=157998

Comment

That's great, glad to hear it!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X